Weird video playback issue.

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ajones46, May 18, 2011.

1. ajones46 macrumors 6502

Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

Got my iPad 2 today, wifi only 64GB, got everything synced up nice. Was just testing everything out and tried to play all of my videos. Purchased music videos played absolutely fine, but I also had a couple videos I ripped from a DVD. When my iPad tries to play it, the screen goes black and the app completely freezes, I cant tap once, and then tap Done to go back to all of my videos. Press the home button, force close the videos app, try to reopen the app and it comes right back to the black screen. Try a soft restart, reopen the videos app, still black.

Only way to solve it is to resync with iTunes. Anyone know what could be causing this? Keep in mind, the videos play perfectly fine on my iPhone 4 and classic.

2. ajones46 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. ticalnza, Jun 23, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2011

ticalnza macrumors newbie

I've experienced the same issue the past couple of weeks. I went to the Apple store and the Genius said he never saw that issue before. He wanted to hard reset it to see if it was a software issue or a hardware issue, but since I had not backed up in a month, I told him I'd have to run a back up then go back to the Apple store.

I'm hoping to hit up the Apple store this week and will let you know what they determine.

4. ticalnza macrumors newbie

I went to the Apple store this past Saturday and they ended up replacing the iPad. The Genius feels it's a software (end-user) issue but replaced it since I had already went to the store once for this issue and called Apple, too.

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I quickly became frustrated with the iPad's native video app...I finally did a little research and downloaded AVPlayerHD...fantastic app that plays just about every type of video codec...(I also forgot I had downloaded VLC Player for iPhone just before it was taken down from the App Store and transfered it to iPad and it worked well although not as well as AVPlayerHD)...I never use the native app anymore nor must i have to bother converting video to mp4v :D