Weird Whatsapp Notifications

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Enjoylife1788, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

Hello all,

I guess everyone must have explored the iOS 8 by now.

Well, i am facing some weird issues with whatsapp notifications. What happens is that when i am in an app and i get whatsapp notification, then i could push it up to dismiss the notification bar. However, of late its been a hit and a miss. The notification bar stays there untill i press the home button. It only goes away after pressing the home button. .

Please note that it happens only sometimes. Also, i understand whatsapp is not yet updated for iOS 8. But, i am just curious whether i am the only one facing the issue or there are others there as well.

Thanks.

2. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. lucasflaviosb macrumors newbie

4. chugg macrumors regular

Probably cause it hasn't been updated for iOS 8. Third party keyboards don't even work properly in it.

5. LordQ macrumors 68040

LordQ

Yep. That's a WhatsApp bug... Hope they fix it quick and add quick reply! Twitter just did!

6. Enjoylife1788 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Good to know its a bug and not specific to my phone. Speaking about whatsapp update, it could take weeks if their past behaviour is of any indication. They just pushed an update to make it work on iOS 8. Feature wise they normally take a month or so to release.