Weird wifi issue on my 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cocky jeremy, Jul 9, 2012.

1. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

This started this past week when we had some bad storms that knocked out internet all over the area. I noticed my internet was really slow, so i reset the modem/Time Capsule. Nothing seemed to fix it, so i called my ISP. They said they were doing maintenance because of the storms and it would be normal soon. Last night i tried to reset everything again and it's almost back to normal, but i'm having a really weird issue with all iPhones in the house. None will connect to my wifi networks. (Regular and guest network) They can both connect to other wifi networks perfectly fine, and all other computers, iPads, AppleTV's in the house can connect to these two networks perfectly fine. So i can't tell if it's a phone issue or networking issue. Here's what i've done so far.

Reset iPhone network settings - No help
    Reset modem/TC - No help
    Soft reset of TC - No help
    Hard reset of TC - No help
    Factory reset of TC - No help

It's four different iPhones, so i don't think it's a hardware related issue with any of the iPhones (obviously, i guess) but the network seems to be completely fine too. We have a MacBook Pro, Linux machine, AppleTV, and two iMacs that connect perfectly fine to it. I'm literally out of ideas. Anyone know of anything that would help?

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Was the maintenance completed? If not, try calling your ISP again. Could be a line that's messed up or something.

3. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Yup. I called Apple because i'm within 90 days of having this new TC. Last one died out of nowhere. Probably the power supply. Anyway, i went through three different people and all were baffled by it. They said they were impressed with how thorough i was before calling them. Like i said, i did EVERYTHING i knew to do, and some of it i even tried doing backwards. The last guy sent me a file that collected system info and configuration of my TC and emailed it to their engineers. He called back a bit later wanting to try a few more things, but got the same results. He said if the engineers don't see anything obvious we missed, they'll probably just send me a new TC. It's the weirdest network related issue i've ever seen.