Weird Wifi Issue

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Silofolous, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Silofolous macrumors member

I have an iPad (4th Gen), and I have an odd issue with it. It has intermittent internet issues, connecting to the Wifi network, but not having internet access. However, it only has issues with my home internet network. I can be elsewhere using it for hours with no problem with their wifi, but I may only use it for 10 minutes at home before the internet goes out. Renewing lease, turning off Wifi, forgetting network, resetting settings, none of that does anything. But this issues only affects the iPad. My iPhone, my wife's iPad, my iMac, my Wii U, Xbox One, anything else has no issues at all with the Wifi. So it's hard to believe that its the iPad when I can use it perfectly fine elsewhere, and its hard to believe its the Wifi when I can use it with anything else without issue. Any ideas?

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Could be a wifi hardware issue with the iPad, of course. May be a modem/router configuration issue...what networking devices are involved (modem, router etc) including their model numbers?