Weird Wifi problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TomCondon, Apr 21, 2011.

1. TomCondon macrumors regular

I know I may be in the wrong board, but I figure more people go on to the iPhone board ;)

So just yesterday I noticed that my iPod touch 3rd gen won't connect to my wifi network, or any other one, despite it being able to see it, I have some pics to maybe show you.

This is the iPod being able to find the network
    [​IMG]

Joining the network
    [​IMG]

Fail to join
    [​IMG]

What may be causing this?

2. deearrpee macrumors newbie

This could be for any number of reasons, but I suggest trying the following:

• Click on the arrow next to the WiFi network you are trying to connect to and select "Forget this Network" then try re-connecting
    • Reset the iPod by pressing and holding the power button and home button simultaneously until the screen clears to the Apple logo and try connecting agin once rebooted
    • Reboot router and try reconnecting
    • Ensure that you are in fact typing in the correct WiFi security key

3. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

do the above, but i also remember reading about certain "n" routers causing foul when trying to connect iDevices with 4.3.X

I'm not sure if this is the problem. However, you may try switching the broadcasting bands on your router to see if that fixes the issue. I do NOT have this problem and i run an Airport Extreme on the "n" network.

That's my suggestion. If the problem persists after doing what the member above suggested, try switching from the 'n' network to the 'g'

4. TomCondon thread starter macrumors regular