Weird wireless issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by perplexed mac u, Jun 29, 2009.

1. perplexed mac u macrumors newbie

Since thurs (coincidentally when I purchased a new iphone), my 2 year old macbook will not load web pages via our wireless router.

We have it hooked up to a Netgear G router and it freezes in both safari and firefox when loading webpages.

I figured the router had lived its life, but oddly enough I can still download emails and when I load Windows via boot camp on the same device, the internet works fine

Any ideas? I have reset the router, cable modem, etc.

Thanks

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Can you create a new user and see if it works fine in there? I want to know whether to work in the user home folder or system folders.

Thanks.

3. perplexed mac u thread starter macrumors newbie

I also can load internet from hotspots.

Loading a new user does not help

4. acron1 macrumors regular

acron1

Which OS are you using? This sounds like an AirPort issue.

5. joehahn macrumors regular

i doubt that it's the same in your case but last week (friday for me) there was a horrendous storm in my area and that caused the power to go out for 30+ hours. that happening reset all of my network passwords on my devices and even for the network itself. so maybe you just need a generic password like 1234512345 or something

6. perplexed mac u thread starter macrumors newbie

I am using Leopard.7

It actually did occur during some moderate storms (which is what I wrote it up to originally). I have now reset all my networks so I dont think that is it.

Also, I am able to load internet in public wireless using both mac/windows.