Weird wireless problems

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by adviolin, Aug 19, 2009.

1. adviolin macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I was recently away on vacation and noticed that with their wireless I would be able to connect only for 10 minutes and then webpages stopped loading. The airport icon still showed full strength, however, but to get the connection back, I'd have to turn airport off and then turn it back on. I thought this was an issue with the router itself, but now I'm home and it's doing it again.

We're using a new router - one of the cheap ones which comes with cable internet, but the issue persists, albeit not always in regular intervals. Has anyone else noticed this type of airport problem? I'm within range of my neighbor's wireless and I have no problems with theirs, which makes me think it's either a problem with my router, or with my computer's interaction with my router. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. oxox-cocoa-oxox macrumors newbie

I think it's just your computer connection with your router... it happened to me once ^^"

3. cmwade77 macrumors 6502a

If it's a laptop, try taking it to somewhere that offers free Wifi and see if the problem persists, if it doesn't, then it sounds like a defective router to me, if it does, then it would be a problem with the Airport card.