Weird ZAGGFolio Keyboard Problem (Solved)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by HeatherA, Mar 21, 2012.

1. HeatherA, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

HeatherA macrumors 6502

HeatherA

I just received my ZAGGfolio and Solo Keyboard for my iPad2. Other than being totally underwhelmed at the quality of the folio's outer shell I have run into a baffling problem...

When I type a Z I get a Y and when I type a Y I get a Z... has anyone else run into this?

More weirdness... shift plus anzthing gives me weird characters. Such as this is shift plus apostrophy Ä

This is me trying to do the plus sign `

What in the world is up... I can not use a questionmark either this is what I get when trzing _

I have the feeling this kezboard is messed up and Iäm going to have to send it back... bummer.

PS all errors above are a result of me tzping regularlz on this kezboard.

Not good for a $70 kezboard...

2. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

I would delete this thread but somehow I'm sure this might help someone down the line...

Appears the problem was a keyboard setting on my iPad. The hardware keyboard was set to US-German. Setting it to regular US seems to have fixed the problem and I'm happily typing on my keyboard with no issues.

So if anyone finds this thread down the line go into settings and see what your hardware keyboard is set to.

Happy typing!

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

4. HeatherA thread starter macrumors 6502

HeatherA

Thankfully it was a settings problem rather than a hardware problem. :)

5. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I like those kind of fixes!

6. mortenandersen macrumors 6502

qwerty vs. qwertz keyboards

I am pretty sure that this problem has to to with the settings of the keyboard: qwertz type which is used in Central Europe (including Germany) vs. qwerty layout which is the ususal layout. Among the differences is just that z and y has switched locations in these two different keyboard layouts.

7. TC25 macrumors 68020

i am more than 'pretty sure' because I read the second post in this thread. Did you?:rolleyes:

8. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Ah........all it took was a clear-headed, logical Fem to sort this out.:D