Weirder and weirder..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whooleytoo, Aug 22, 2008.

1. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Just noticed more weird iPhone issues last night.

Hit the Home button, it went to favourites in the phone app. Tried it again, same thing. I made double sure I was only tapping once and not twice, but I couldn't get out of the phone application.

Ok, I'll just turn the phone off and on again. Pressed the 'Sleep/Wake' button. I didn't get the "Slide to power off" display, it just went to sleep. Tried several times, but no matter how long I held it down, it just went to sleep. Eventually, had to do a reset "Home-Sleep" which worked.

Then tried an app to see if everything's ok (Papijump) and the graphics were weird. It was as if every second frame was offset by 30 or so pixels giving a really irritating flickering effect.

Everything is ok now, but yikes. Every time I use my iP3G I get different issues.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Ditto on all those issues. I was at the Apple Store on Monday night, August 18, '08, and while purchasing my MBA I mentioned the problem to the Genius and she said that her iPhone does the exact same thing and SJ promised a fix in September. I'm not holding my breath at this time. :(

3. BlackMax macrumors 6502a

BlackMax

Steve Jobs has been making a lot of promises lately for the few one or two percent of you experiencing these iPhone issues. :D

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I can remember my v1 iPhone going through the exact same issues and the said it was a software glitch and replaced my iPhone on the spot and even did the transfer of all my data right there at the Apple Store, but that was October '07, so I don't expect that to happen this time around. :(

5. whooleytoo thread starter macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Hmmm, let's look at the numbers.

Just above everyone has been having some problem with the iPhone. So, if Steve says only 1 in 50 iPhones has a problem that means..... they must have sold (everyone x 50) = 300 billion iPhones!

Woohoo! That must be above analysts predictions. Maybe..

(If every one of them buys my iPhone game... I'll be rich. RICH, I tells ya.)