Weirdest apple support situation ever...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Phil-82, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Phil-82 macrumors member

Pretty long but here is goes:

I got my ipad two and well after 14 days (probably around 20) I realized there was screen bleeding so I wanted to replace/return it for a new one.

Luckily, the guy who I was dealing with was really nice and gave me a brand new replacement on the spot.

Right when I got home I check the replacement and there was one dead pixel and still screen bleeding so I booked an appointment right away. This time, the genious wasnt so nice.

I explained him my problem and how I had it for 3 days but was unsatisfied. He told me that he wasnt going to replace it, because all LCD's have screen bleeding and I was sure to get it again. He also explained how I needed at least 3 dead pixels to return it. I countered that the other guy replaced it with bleeding then he said that he still couldnt do it because I was only allowed to replace it one time?

I called bs and told him to show me that in writing, he said it was on the warantee on the site. So i went to the site, showed the manager and she said that I could either get a final replacement and accept it as is or return for my money. She tried to tell me if I return for the money I am blacklisted for ipad 2's and cant buy another one later on.

She then returned after and said I can return for money without being blacklisted. I didnt have any of the box contents but they never asked. So my money and a free charger/box:D Going tommorow to buy a new one

2. RayK macrumors 6502

What a terrible experience. It always depends on the people of course, but I have not experienced anything like this in years with an Apple Store. I'd have said to call Applecare first and then bring it into the store with a case #. Good luck tomorrow.

3. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

That is weird!

Blacklisted? Would Apple have sent hit-men to your house if you had been spotted with an iPad?!

Apple is like any other company, some of its staff are very helpful, some in the middle and some are stupid.

At least you gained a charger!

4. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Write to apple corporate about your experience. I had a terrible store experience a year or so ago and I directly wrote to steve jobs (I know your thinking it's crazy, but so did I). About 2-3 weeks later the store called me and pretty much pleaded to clear up any confusion or issues. Somehow steve forwarded it down the chain and it eventually made it back to the store and back to me. It's worth a shot emailing steve but i'd also recommend contacting apple corp.

5. Phil-82 thread starter macrumors member

Even after everything, im pretty happy. I got my money back so my 14 day thing resets. Im going to keep swapping them for refunds until Im happy. In the end, I got a free charger with usb and a nice box:)

6. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

To be honest, if Apple had treated me like that, I wouldn't be going straight back in to buy another iPad with my refund money...

7. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

I so would have had. A friend with me using the iPhone camera and record it all and send it to Steve .

8. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

Wow, I personally never had a bad experiance at an apple store.

9. jamied95 macrumors 6502

The one replacement is fairly common, just have a search on the forum, but the blacklisting thing is odd...

10. macking104 macrumors 6502

macking104

Next time you get an iPad, instead of driving home and seeing problems, check it out in the store. After receiving it, activate it on a store Mac so you and associate agree it is okay.

Some laptop companys require 6 dead pixels before accepting a return...

11. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

That's terrible. It's probably due to misinformed Genii in that specific Apple Store. But after all, you did walk out of there with your money. I don't actually think there is such thing as an iPad 2 blacklist, lol. You could just ask a friend to buy you one if that were the case, so silly.

And congrats on the free charger... that's the least you deserve! :)

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Since you put them on the spot, I wonder what that means the next time you come in for service. Will they remember you? If so, will they purposely give you a hard time or be more careful to give you good service?

13. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

c'mon who are you kidding?! if course you'd be buying another ipad. what else would you get?

14. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

Xoom :rolleyes:

15. Phil-82 thread starter macrumors member

Despite the genius, and what the manager initially first said, I was people happy with how they handled things in the end. It was over 14 days and I was still offered a refund so I took it :)

16. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I've never understood the so many dead pixels required thing. What BS. I can see ONE dead pixel, let alone 3 or 6. Why should I pay the same as the next guy and get an inferior product.