Weirdest Bug I have ever encountered using iTunes and my iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by christall109, Sep 7, 2008.

1. christall109 macrumors 6502

Alright guys so here's the dealio:

I did a restore of my iPhone 2.0.2 software just to clear it out make it all nice and good. During the "Restoring from Backup Stage" everything is put on the iPhone fine including notes/mail accounts/texts etc.

Now this is where it gets downright weird.

After it is done restoring from the backup, iTunes displays the screen "Set up Your iPhone" Screen. The thing is, its already been set up. Everything is on the phone and its activated. iTunes just won't let me sync my media content to it.

Just for yucks, I tried dragging and dropping some content. I dragged and dropped a song from library and it was transferred to my iPhone.

Every time I plug my iPhone in, despite it being restored from a backup, I am greeted by the "Set up Your iPhone" Screen (Pictured Below).

Does anyone know whats going on? And how to correct it? I just want to be able to update to 2.1 Tuesday...

Attached Files:

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I think I had that happen once. I selected to set it up as a new phone and the prompt went away. it didn't set it up as a new phone and retained all my apps and settings.

3. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Buddy!!

Crisis averted. But what a weird bug.

4. richg916 macrumors regular

Had the same thing on mine.. weird..

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

same thing happened to me twice. had to set up as new phone:mad: