Weirdest freaking problem, biggest pain...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Eric A, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Eric A macrumors newbie

Hey all.

I have owned this iPhone 3GS for just under 12 months now. Yesterday afternoon I plugged it into my girlfriends music dock and it shut off. Upon restarting it was telling me to plug into iTunes, like it does when you get the phone brand new. The only problem is it shuts down automatically at random intervals, but never more than 15 minutes on. This makes in nigh on impossible to restore but after countless attempts I got it to restore, and upgraded, to IOS 5. It worked with IOS 5 for about three hours, and now its doing something similar, however now I can unlock the phone and it then tells me to plug into itunes. (the first round only gave me the option for an emergency call). However the same problem with the random shutting down occurs, and sometimes itunes can't find the device, and it doesn't show up with 'Eric's iPhone' on the side bar...

What can I do?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Assuming you've done a full restore with no resolution, given that you got your phone just under 12 months ago, you are just under warranty. Go to the Apple Store and have it checked out/replaced.

3. Eric A thread starter macrumors newbie

Full restore.

Worked for three hours, then reception dropped in and out then shut down and back to unrestorable.

I will be taking it tomorrow I think, cheers.