Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
roland.g said:
You want to shoot your iMac in the foot?

Is this a Cheddar Bob thing?

Well If I'm ever in an awkward situation inolving an iMac foot, a guy with a guy and some othe rrandom object [towel] I needto know if this thing will save my life!? BTW: whats a Cheddar Bob thing?

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
BTW: whats a Cheddar Bob thing?

He's the guy in 8 Mile who shoots him self in the foot and spends the rest of the movie on crutches.

You want to know if the iMac stand can stop a bullet.
I'm just saying that the stand or foot as we call it...
...idiom - shooting yourself in the foot...

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
Allotriophagy said:
I do not know anything about guns or bullets. I am not an American school kid.

I'm in a much worse situation. Fortunately I'm not American but if you look @ the location of my residence you will read... South Africa :eek:

Nym

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
Porto, Portugal
we should start a donation site so that you can buy an iMac and shoot the hell out of it :D see if it can save lives too!
I'm already seeing the new Mac ads, "yeah PC, shoot my foot, Mac's stop bullets too!"

However, I pretty much doubt that it can stop a .357 round :D

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
I was under the impression the stand was an anodised (titanium colour) aluminium alloy, same as the macbook pro/powerbook.

Titanium is strong but light and expensive so probably isnt used in imacs.

As to it falling over due to light weight, unlikely the design (shape and its centre of gravity) of the stand should prevent that

Jasonbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 15, 2006
The Rainbow Nation RSA
we should start a donation site so that you can buy an iMac and shoot the hell out of it :D see if it can save lives too!
I'm already seeing the new Mac ads, "yeah PC, shoot my foot, Mac's stop bullets too!"
However, I pretty much doubt that it can stop a .357 round :D
i can see that working! only problem is where to get an arsenal of weapons to actually kill it!

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
I'm in a much worse situation. Fortunately I'm not American but if you look @ the location of my residence you will read... South Africa :eek:

You might want to look into finding a Mac which is a bit tougher than merely bulletproof. The IIci, perhaps? Come armageddon, all that will survive will be cockroaches emailing each other from System 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.