Weirdest Mail Problem ever?

phoenixblend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I have a very strange problem with Mail...

1st of all when trying to compose a mail, it all goes well untill I use a space or return, then the cursor disappears. I have to click back in the message to type again and sometimes even that doesn't work.

So, I'll try copying in text from word for now, I thought, but the 'send' button doesn't work either! It just depresses and nothing happens.

No other program is affected, I can receive mail fine and I have never seen a program act so oddly.

Things I've tried: Clearing the font cache with 'Font Nuke' and using AppleJack, dropping com.apple.mail.plist on to the desktop to reload Mail.

Any ideas? Has anyone ever seen this before? I'm not gonna have to re-load OSX am I?

Thanks PB

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
I assume you are talking about Apple's Mail.app and I have a a wild guess: When you press space or return, it's probably running the spellcheck, and that could be the source of the problem. Just to test this theory, go into Mail -> Preferences -> Composing and turn off spell check. Does that get rid of the symptom?

phoenixblend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Not that,

I assume you are talking about Apple's Mail.app and I have a a wild guess: When you press space or return, it's probably running the spellcheck, and that could be the source of the problem. Just to test this theory, go into Mail -> Preferences -> Composing and turn off spell check. Does that get rid of the symptom?
Good thinking but it's not that, sorry. I'm getting so fustrated

phoenixblend

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Sorted now

Had to completely reinstall OSX :mad: but it solved the problem:eek:.

EDIT--- Its blooming back again! Grrr - Really don't know what to do about this.