Weirdest problem ever.. :(

kUbbAS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
Hello i have a weird problem with my iphone 4
i've looked around but can't find anyone else having this problem.

When i make a call i can't hear anything in the speaker and mic is not working so noone can hear me either.. same thing with loudspeaker not working :(
so of course i plug in my headset... same **** not working

but when i'm listing to music/youtube/spotify sound is working
and when i try recording video.. of course mic is working and also in voice recorder thing mic works great.. so mic and speaker/loudspeaker is working but not in a regular phone call ... i tryed skype aswell works gr8

and i've tryed to reset phone.. i even jailbreaked it.. nothing works
so does anyone know how to fix this thing.. warranty is out :(

//kUbbAS

Sorry for my bad english

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Hello i have a weird problem with my iphone 4
i've looked around but can't find anyone else having this problem.

When i make a call i can't hear anything in the speaker and mic is not working so noone can hear me either.. same thing with loudspeaker not working :(
so of course i plug in my headset... same **** not working

but when i'm listing to music/youtube/spotify sound is working
and when i try recording video.. of course mic is working and also in voice recorder thing mic works great.. so mic and speaker/loudspeaker is working but not in a regular phone call ... i tryed skype aswell works gr8

and i've tryed to reset phone.. i even jailbreaked it.. nothing works
so does anyone know how to fix this thing.. warranty is out :(

//kUbbAS

Sorry for my bad english

Best advice is to seek assistance from an apple genius even if out of warranty.

kUbbAS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
157 views and only 1 answer ... and the only answer i didn't want ;)
please help me!

enoC

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2009
Denmark
You said you've reset the iPhone. Have you tried restoring and setting the iPhone up as new? No use of backup. What so ever.

kUbbAS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
I wasen't sure if had had done that... but now i have and same problem, dosen't work to do a regular call... :( but i can't be a hardware problem or?? when it works in skype etc..

//kUbbAS

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
I wasen't sure if had had done that... but now i have and same problem, dosen't work to do a regular call... :( but i can't be a hardware problem or?? when it works in skype etc..

//kUbbAS
You did a full restore of the phone, not just a reboot?

0dev

macrumors 68040
Dec 22, 2009
One my iPhones developed a fault where it'd crash whenever it made or received a call. It turned out to be a hardware problem.

If restoring doesn't fix it and it only happens in calls, you may have a similar issue. Take it back to Apple, it's the only solution.

kUbbAS

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2012
Yep i did a fully restore.. and it dosen't work.. and i don't want to bring it to apple... they are way to expensive :( i mean it's an old phone :(

well i hope someone knows a fix :)

//kUbbAS

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Yep i did a fully restore.. and it dosen't work.. and i don't want to bring it to apple... they are way to expensive :( i mean it's an old phone :(

well i hope someone knows a fix :)

//kUbbAS
Nobody here is going to know a fix unless they've had the same exact problem..... Try looking on the Apple support forums... Try doing a full restore and set up the phone as new instead of from a backup.... Other than that take it to an Apple genius, The most you are going to pay is $149 US for a replacement iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.