Weirdest screen glitch

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Morrae, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Morrae macrumors newbie

I opened my MacBook Air 13' today and noticed some strange lines at the edge of my screen. I tried to take a picture of it, but as you can guess, it's not very good, although you can still see them.
    [​IMG]

The weird part? It only occurs on the lock screen. I tried to play with brightness or put different colors and shapes in normal working mode, but I can't see them. The only time I can is on the lock screen. Here's two images of exact same spot on the lock screen and in normal mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These lines go away as you can see.

Now, at this point I should add, that I had some repairs done about a month ago. I took my laptop to the service and they replaced my whole lid with screen under warranty. They did not do a very good job of it (I live in Russia and service centers are outsourced over here), the lid is now slightly crooked and I can feel the edges of the lid and laptop itself do not align properly while lid is closed. It doesn't bother me much so I did not bring it back.
    So, what's that? Should I be worried? Should I bring it to the other service center?

Thanks.

PS: album with better resolution pictures

2. motrek macrumors 68020

Sorry, can't speak to the graphics problem, but the lid/hinge seems to be pretty easy to align yourself if you have the right screwdrivers to open the case.

I haven't done it myself but I did watch somebody do it and it seemed straightforward and pretty easy. There must be instructions online for doing it. Might as well, if it's worth a few dollars and a few minutes to you.

3. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

It looks like a wallpaper. It looks like a faint mountain behind mist.

4. Morrae thread starter macrumors newbie

Look closer. It's not a horizontal line. It's lot's of vertical absolutely straight lines, on half an inch wide are just to the border of the screen. Problem persists on any kind of wallpaper, I checked.

You would be amazed how difficult it is to buy pentalobe 5 screw driver over here :D I ordered one from aliexpress and I'm waiting for it 2 weeks already. I'm handy and fixed a lot of electronics in my home. Thanks anyway

5. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

oh That is very hard to see because of the low quality image
    I kinda see it in the second image