Weirdest thing happened with my touch and Firefly

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by nateco, Nov 29, 2007.

1. nateco macrumors regular

Weirdest thing happened with my touch...I install Firefly media server....and when I look at my ipod in itunes.....I see my files...and a bunch of songs that I don't own.....but they arn't there...it's just the names and when you click on them..they grey out and you get the exclamation mark.

I have like three gigs of content listed that isn't actually there....lots of Yes, some beatles, George Micheal, elton john, some random other crap......seriously weird ****.....I like the beatles, but who the heck likes george micheal.

My ipod has only ever been synced to my mac....and these files are only viewable when streamed over my network.

I called apple....they say it's cause they load the ipods with test files at the factory......can anyone conform this.

It's almost like seeing a plist for a file you deleted on your mac.

Just seems really odd to me.

2. hecks macrumors regular

3. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Why would you call up Apple if your iPod is Jailbroken? I have a hunch that an iPod wont just pull that up in iTunes by itself.

But still, pretty funny. Its like with files on a computer, even if you do delete them, the computer still keeps a trace on them.:rolleyes::apple:

4. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Unless you're good. :cool:

5. nateco thread starter macrumors regular

Well..actually...that was the only thing on there that I like.....I have all the albums....and thought it was weird that a couple hits packages showed up in the shared list in itunes.