Weirdness in Keychain under Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by frontlines, Aug 28, 2009.

1. frontlines macrumors newbie

So Snow Leopard is installed, and the world is a great place...BUT...

I went to install some software and was greeted by a really STRANGE keychain access dialog box:

[​IMG]

Anybody ever seen this before? When I went through the SL install, I opted out of installing the extra languages...could that be it? If so, how can I reinstall just those languages without having to go through the whole install.

Thanks in advance!

2. frontlines thread starter macrumors newbie

And the winning answer is...

...font conflict with system fonts. Not sure how this happened, however. My best guess is that SL installed the font again with a different name, but the same data. So the name appeared as "Lucida Grande.ttf" vs Leopard's "LucidaGrande.ttf", but Font Book said, "You're not fooling me, buddy. That's the same font, with or without the space."

Bottom line: font issue. :rolleyes:

3. iMark63 macrumors newbie

Me too...

I'm having the same problem too...any help?!

4. frontlines thread starter macrumors newbie

It was definitely a font issue. Go into Font Book and try to resolve any duplicates. You'll see a yellow triangle next to the problem fonts (and if you're having the exact same issue, you'll really want to hone in on Lucida Grande). Right click or control click, and choose "Resolve Duplicates".

I had to fiddle around a little bit more than that, and ended up moving one of the duplicate Lucida fonts to another folder to resolve it. For some reason FB let me resolve all the other issues, but wouldn't take care of Lucida. You should try it anyway as you may have better results.

Hope this helps!

5. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

did you guys upgrade or do 'erase and install' on your mac?

6. iMark63 macrumors newbie

upgraded

7. frontlines thread starter macrumors newbie

8. iMark63 macrumors newbie

Man...this problem sucks...

Does anyone think the next Mac update v10.6.1 will resolve this issue? :confused:

9. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

10. frontlines thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm a little confused -- this is frustrating, yes, but pretty easily remedied. Why wait for 10.6.1 when you can fix it through Font Book? You've found the answer, so why not just take a few minutes to clear it up?

11. iMark63 macrumors newbie

I FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!

Go to your home folder, select Library, then Fonts, then find Lucida Grande.ttf. Rename it to LucidaGrande.ttf. A dialog from Font Book.app will alert you that there's an OS X font conflict, and it will ask you either to allow the conflict or to move it to trash. Move it to the trash. Everything will be back to normal. :cool:

Let me know if it doesn't work!

12. iMark63 macrumors newbie