Welcome to the party VZW folks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ripper998, Feb 6, 2011.

1. ripper998, Feb 6, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2011

ripper998 macrumors regular

Lets stop the network bashing, Apple is not going to drop VZW nor AT&T because you hate them. They are fighting the bigger beast which is Droid. Understand that one network might work for someone because of where they live. Besides, once both companies go LTE it wont matter much. So chill people, were one big iOS family.

2. Vihzel macrumors 6502

When LTE comes out, AT&T wont have the voice + data and speed advantages. What's left? price and coverage.

3. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

International coverage?

4. Johnny Gilligan macrumors member

Johnny Gilligan

I'm new to Apple/Mac and just began my new life late last year with the purchase of my MacBook Pro. I had planned on switching from PC as soon as my old Compaq tower pushed me to the breaking point.

I have been telling everyone how great Apple products are, and they should check them out. I have my dad 90% of the way toward buying an iMac.

I've been with VZW for several years because the service is reliable and their customer service has been (for the most part) great. My family has VZW and most of my friends as well. Most of the calls I make are to VZW customers and these calls don't effect my monthly minutes allowance. VZW works for me.

I can't bash AT&T or their customers because that is what works for them. This site is for people who have some amount of interest in Mac/Apple and not VZW/ATT

Let's turn that negative stuff toward windows/droid.

5. philipb91 macrumors member

glad to be a part of the party!

quite frankly idc what service i have, i just want an iphone 4!!!

6. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

WooHoo! A much needed and welcome thread welcoming much needed and welcome new iOS users! :D

7. Johnny Gilligan macrumors member

Johnny Gilligan

I nearly switched a few times just to have an iPhone, but as soon as I started seriously considering AT&T another VZW/iPhone rumor would have me holding onto VZW

8. thetexan macrumors 6502a

What's the point? People have different needs and different desires, just let them get whatever works best. I personally find Windows 7 to be a solid OS and my Android phones have given me no problems.

Apple needs some strong competition anyway to keep it in check. It's possible the iPhone still might not be able to multitask third party apps if it weren't for the Android phones pushing that feature.

9. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

You should care. During the last few years, countless people changed to AT&T just for the vanity of the iPhone, knowing full well AT&T did not provide good coverage in their area (and if they didn't know, they should've done their homework). Then, instead of blaming themselves for making such a foolish decision, they blamed AT&T (that doesn't dissolve AT&T of their responsibilities, but that's not the point either).

I think you meant to say "Apple isn't going to drop..."

But yes, good topic... welcome to the party, Verizon iPhone users!

10. robo74 macrumors 6502

Thank you, we are happy to be able to join. We can thank Apple and VZW for that!

Now.. how many posts will it take before people turn this into AT&T vs Verizon?

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Location specific cover. If you live some place Verizon doesn't cover it won't matter to you who has the bigger coverage map.

12. sectime macrumors 6502a

Yeah, a lot of AT&T Iphone owners are just jealous, me included. Think back to the Iphonegasem most felt at every Iphone release. Repeatedly checking Tracking info, the OMG its not shipped yet threads, The Lines, Then The Precious was in your hands. Its all good, welcome Verizon owners. AT&T works well where I rattle around, so no reason to change. Oh Hell maybe I'll own TWO :cool:

13. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

14. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I am very happy that there is another option. Especially for those who had trouble with AT&T. I went from TMobile to AT&T, a vast upgrade. I keep signal much, more more often and better strength as well. Knowing that people were hanging onto the iPhone with bad AT&T service is disheartening. Finally it's over!

15. Rodvette macrumors regular

OH YEA!!!! OH YEAH! Iphones here bro!! Iphone for the boyz!!

16. rotlex macrumors 6502a

I find the bickering about carriers hysterical. Hell, I'd like to see ALL carriers get iPhones. The more the merrier, the more iPhone sales, the more money for Apple to keep developing the coolest products on the planet. :)

17. ripper998 thread starter macrumors regular

Corrected, typing too fast ;)

18. gb1631 macrumors regular

I've been with Verizon for a number of years, My phone right now is a LG Versa with a key board. (I hate it!) I've been waiting for the Verizon iPhone and now it's on order! :D :apple:

19. Johnny Gilligan macrumors member

Johnny Gilligan

Agree 100%