Well, a man can admit when he's wrong...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by RiCEADDiCTBOY, Jun 8, 2009.

1. RiCEADDiCTBOY macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

I was wrong. Sorry. But, with that said - sadly I have but no choice to return my MacBook. Thankfully AAFES accepts 15 day return policy no questions asked on opened computers.

So why am I returning it? I don't care about the name change. It is because I really wanted an SD card option and Firewire. SD card more than anything. The top 13" model comes with 4g of ram as well. If I was to return my MacBook and go laptop less for a week or so before they receive their shipment...I would be saving around an extra 150 bucks just the things I really wanted. No, HDMI...but, I'll take it.

Egh...this sucks but, these are the breaks though. Apple did a number on me with the MacBook updates.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's the waiting that's the hardest part.

I'd only buy when they're just updated or refurbished between cycles but still not too close to an event.

3. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

built in battery or not - it still can be replaced and the added battery is a must for me since i travel a lot.

4. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

I was only expecting a speed bump if anything. Not all this. I bought because I DID need a laptop right then there.

I still have two days left from my 15 day return policy...so tommorow I will be returning my MacBook.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Like I said, you need to wait and not guess.

6. kim6ball macrumors member

I'm in the same boat. I bought my macbook about a week and half ago. I would just accept the 14 day price policy, but even if i pay the return fee it'll be the same price that I paid for my current one...only with more specs.

7. RiCEADDiCTBOY thread starter macrumors 6502a

RiCEADDiCTBOY

Well, like I said - I NEEDED a laptop right there and then. I have too much work to do without a laptop.

While I wait for a new shipment I'm going to borrow a laptop from my friend though. Ugh.

8. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Go ahead man! I'm just more excited about the firewire 800.

9. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

The cherry on top would have been usb 3.0 :D