Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThoseBackPages

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2010
New York
the letter "b" no longer works

this happened a few week back, and it worked off and on (mostly on) after completely drying out the laptop

now, its dead again (any use of the letter b here has been done using command+v)

oh yea, its a 2011 Lemon mbp 15" from that famous batch of LEMONS that year (lucky me!)

So, with absolutely no interest in pouring more money into this lemon, is there anything i can try on my own when i get to the point of no longer being able to stand having to use command+v?

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
MBP keyboards on ebay are about $20, if your inclined to spend time fixing it.

Reactions: Queen6

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
So, with absolutely no interest in pouring more money into this lemon, is there anything i can try on my own
External keyboard is the easiest solution. I'd probably say the computer is not a lemon as the failure of the keyboard is not due to manufacturing defects but due to spilling liquids on it.

Good luck

Last edited:

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
the letter "b" no longer works

this happened a few week back, and it worked off and on (mostly on) after completely drying out the laptop

now, its dead again (any use of the letter b here has been done using command+v)

oh yea, its a 2011 Lemon mbp 15" from that famous batch of LEMONS that year (lucky me!)

So, with absolutely no interest in pouring more money into this lemon, is there anything i can try on my own when i get to the point of no longer being able to stand having to use command+v?
Why call a lemon a notebook from 2011 still working despite your attempts to kill it with liquids ?

Reactions: CoastalOR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.