Well, ahem, humble pie eaten...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sunking101, Dec 5, 2014.

1. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

So, without further ado, despite my protestations that I would buy an iPhone 6 over my dead body due to the 1GB of RAM...

Sigh. I'm now the proud owner of a 64GB Six Plus.

I came to this decision after buying a Note 4 and using it for a few days. Thankfully my carrier offered a one time only change of handset within 14 days and I took them up on the offer. Although the Note 4 was superb performance-wise, and didn't reload any browser tabs, I missed my apps and wasn't too chuffed with the Note's build quality either. Despite having a metal rim and being very solid, it had a wobbly volume key rocker and the fabled 'S Pen' was a cheap & nasty affair. So yeah, I'm still very unhappy with the 1GB of RAM and the fact that lots of apps still aren't optimised for the screen, but it's a very nice phone. No loose buttons either! Thank goodness, because my iPhone 5 was plagued by that from day one.

I haven't encountered any lag yet and even iOS 8 seems to be performing like a champ. The signal strength is also MUCH better than my i5 ever was. Oh and the battery life is phenomenal! So far I'm a pretty happy camper, webpage reloading aside.

2. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

Until now my life was meaningless. Thanks OP.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

4. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 603

sunking101

You have a 30 minute pass to do so...

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Humble pie is best served a la mode. :D Welcome back to the land of iOS. :apple:

6. techspin macrumors 6502a

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Congrats, and hopefully you enjoy your new baby.

I think overall, too much was made of the ram issue, and folks dug their heels in needlessly.

I'm happy with my IP6+, so that's all that counts, I don't care if it has 1 or 100 gigs of ram. It just works as they say :)

8. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

I agree that 1GB of RAM is a bit of a cop out by Apple to save a few pounds however, iOS is heavily optimised and uses that 1GB very well despite the device utilising 80-90% of RAM constantly.

2GB will be nice and will almost certainly be included next year.

9. McDaddio macrumors 6502a

A lot of people like the lighter devices and would prefer that weight savings vs. having an extra gig of memory.

10. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure he means pounds as in money. Not pounds as in weight. He really didnt think a gig of ram was measured in pounds.

11. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

I know its hard but if you can resist the urge to think about how much RAM is in your phone you just may end up enjoy using it :)