Well another GPS: Magellan RoadMate's hat is in the ring

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by lemonademaker, Nov 16, 2009.

1. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    any one give it a try? another $80 gps app Magellan RoadMate App

ya know after doing some traveling the last month and a half having the onboard maps on my iphone is handy, but I think i like my Garmin stand alone always on and running when I need to look at it.......... i've been fending off the upgrade to navigon or even the tom tom now another app.....

EDIT: I think i might wait till google ports something over to iphone app store...(might be waiting till helll freezes over!!)
    from the website it looks like they are coming out with a "tomtom" like premium car kit (they say it will work with the iPod Touch also) AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL WORK WITH A CASE!!

2. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

3. dagomike macrumors 65816

Their car kit is $130. Wait, I thought TomTom was just ripping us off?

[​IMG]

4. maggie-macrumor macrumors regular

maggie-macrumor

Good App!

please let me if you have any questions!

5. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

$130 for the car kit and another $80 for the app - you can buy a nice standalone unit for that kind of money and not have your iPhone tied up.

6. lemonademaker thread starter macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    ya i just don't understand the $130 for a car kit.... now it's $30 more than the TT because we can use their kit with a case.. I mean it is nicely designed but IMO it's nuts.. $80+$130.... I just have to wonder how many actual units TT has sold at $100.....

i'd be all over Magellans kit at $50 because heck I'd use my iPod Touch which would be great and then it'd be a standalone GPS which i like the idea more and more as i use my iPhone for a GPS when driving........

7. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

Where did you see that it's $130?