Well AppleCare+ is a joke right now.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sdapplefan, Oct 14, 2011.

1. sdapplefan macrumors newbie

I got my iPhone from the Verizon store this morning and they didn't have any AppleCare+ is in stock. They said I would be fine to go buy it from the Apple store, so I drove 25 minutes to the nearest Apple store only to be told that I can't get AppleCare+ since I purchased my iPhone separately. I ended up calling Apple and I was on-and-off hold for 30 minutes as a guy kept saying that he was putting down my info to sell me AppleCare+. Finally, he gave up and now I hope I end up getting AppleCare+ by the end of today.

/rant

2. codeboye macrumors member

Keep us posted, because I've run into a similar issue. Mine I pre-ordered from AT&T and wasn't given the option to buy it. AT&T told me I could get it from them Today, then they told me I needed to call Apple. Apple gave me the same deal as you.

3. illegalprelude macrumors 68000

illegalprelude

Apple has actually indicated that because of that error (stores not offering AppleCare+ at the time of your purchase), everyone has 30 days to purchase the program. Your local store might not have gotten the news but this policy is in affect. Just try on a day where it's not so crazy.

4. bellaisa macrumors regular

pretty sure you can buy it up until Nov 14th. it's on their site.

5. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

http://store.apple.com/us/product/S4575LL/A

Per Apple's website: Note: AppleCare+ will be available through November 14, 2011, to customers who pre-ordered iPhone 4 (8GB) and iPhone 4S. After you receive your new iPhone, contact us at 1-800-275-2273 to purchase AppleCare+.

You may want to give them a day or two to get things sorted out. I'm sure they're completely swamped with calls right now, and the information might not have gotten to everyone. Call them in a few days, point out the info on the website and see what they have to say.

6. Centient macrumors 6502

Did you preorder? If so you'll qualify for purchase through Nov. 14.

What's not so clear to me is what will happen to folks who did walk-in purchases (not preorders) today, but found that AC+ wasn't in stock. Knowing Apple though they'll probably make it right by those people.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Thanks for posting this. That's super helpful.

8. sdapplefan thread starter macrumors newbie

But the part that worries me is it only states that about pre-ordered iPhones. My phone wasn't pre-ordered.