Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

homerjfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I had my Iphone stolen 2 months ago and since the 4 as coming out, I just purchased a Go phone but kept the data plan on this whole time. Seems like AT&T, went to my account LAST NIGHT and deleted my unlimited data plan.

On top of that, the website is not allowing me to pre-order the Iphone 4 for some reason. When i click on the "pre-order" link, it sends me to a page to buy a 3G or 3gs despite my contract running up in July. What a mess....

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
How do you know they went in last night? I don't get it. Can you get to a local AT&T to clear this up? Ugh, frustrating though.

homerjfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
How do you know they went in last night? I don't get it. Can you get to a local AT&T to clear this up? Ugh, frustrating though.

I checked my account yesterday evening just to make sure everything was on the up and up. It indicated that I technically still had a 3G and all looked well... until I logged in this morning and saw, to my horror, my "grandfather" keeled over and dead on the floor (ie didn't have unlimited data anymore)

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I can't even get onto the AT&T server to check mine. This whole iPhone ordering/plan thing is a nightmare. Now someone posted AT&T told them the phones are already backordered 3-4 weeks.:mad:

homerjfry

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I can't even get onto the AT&T server to check mine. This whole iPhone ordering/plan thing is a nightmare. Now someone posted AT&T told them the phones are already backordered 3-4 weeks.:mad:

HOLY CRAP!!! Now way! Damn, I am not gonna deal with that I don't think.

If I can't get unlimited data back on my plan, I think I'm going to try Verizon for a couple of years and then see how things are. I've been with Cingular/AT&T for 12 years so for them to screw me like this (and I was about to buy a 3GS to return it once the Iphone 4 was announced, and one of their staffers at the store said "just but a go phone instead") is inexcusable in my book.

Plus now that so many people will have an Iphone, it will make an HTC phone look like counter culture, haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.