Well crap... no more untethered jailbreaks!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mac.World, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

Comex gets hired by Apple, in what can only be a way to prevent him from continuing his jailbreaking of iDevices. Comex deserves the hire and what will probably be a lot of money, but at the same time this sucks. Looks like I won't be upgrading my iPad to iOS5.

Here's hoping someone else takes up the mantle and goes on with his work.

2. CHRONiC YOUTH macrumors member

3. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

i wonder how long his JB site will stay up? if he has to take it down, let's hope someone else can host it.

i had no immediate plans to upgrade to iOS5. iCloud is largely immaterial to me and i don't care about notifications that much either.

a big hit to the JB community though.

4. saberahul macrumors 68040

He could always make a new one and work behind Apple's back but I don't think that would be a smart idea. I may look into jailbreaking but its been a while since I did much coding... we'll see.

5. bufffilm, Aug 25, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2011

bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

i'm sure as part of the terms of his employment that Apple would have made him sign an iron-clad agreement to not have any involvement with unsanctioned JB activities. losing his job would probably be the least of his problems if he were caught.

[edit] i read that it's an internship, not exactly the same thing as being a FT.

6. Jmouse macrumors 6502

I start getting a habit on non jailbreak units.

7. libskate macrumors member

Just gotta jump in and say this kid was in one of my classes last year.