well, crap.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otep1760, Jul 2, 2008.

1. otep1760 macrumors regular

otep1760

so, ive been telling myself that i wasnt going to get the 3G iphone, and i had almost convinced myself.

but just now, after taking a break from browsing the forums, i walked into the kitchen and dropped my iphone as i was taking it out to check a text message.
    and unfortunately the lower left of the screen is spider webbed pretty badly.

but the good news is, the BSE screen protector held it all together perfectly, and everything still works great.

but, now, it is inevitable for me to buy the new iphone. im not sure how long ill hold out on it. but i think the higher data plan is one thing to hold me back. but i guess well see. :(

2. Xiph0s macrumors regular

Bummer man, I feel sorry for you because my current phone is spider webbed and I'm waiting for the iPhone to replace the crap.

3. glanv macrumors regular

Divine intervention! Seriously though, gutted for you mate - that's an expensive accident!

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Someone wants you to buy the iPhone 3G.

But seriously, that sucks. :(

On the plus side, I'm sure you'll benefit from 3G and GPS! :)

R-Fly

5. slicecom macrumors 68020

That sucks. I routinely drop my current phone and am kind of scared of destroying my future iPhone. I refuse to put it in an ugly case though. If I ruin it, i'll just have to eat the cost of the replacement.

6. otep1760 thread starter macrumors regular

otep1760

yes, i dont really think its too bad now that i think of it. but it still sucks.

i guess ill just have to suck it up and pay the extra money for the data plan, since that seems to be one of the only things keeping me away anyway.

but since i heard of the whole student discount thing, maybe it wont make that big of a difference.
    well i guess well see.

7. animenick65 macrumors 6502

BSE does a good job of protecting against scratches, but nothing beats an actual case. If you had had it in a case there was a good chance it would have fared better.

8. otep1760 thread starter macrumors regular

otep1760

ive had several cases. they all make the phone look horrible IMO.
    but granted i guess that would be a small sacrifice to still have an uncracked iphone.

ive dropped it so many times, i guess this is just the straw that broke the camels back.

oh well. at least its still in working order.

9. solidgoldmini macrumors regular

Sell it on eBay? I'm sure there are people who want the first gen iPhone, even if it's cracked. Then put the money toward the new iPhone.

Silver lining. :)

10. passingXstorm macrumors regular

Buy another 1st gen from ebay, then put your SIM into it.

11. otep1760 thread starter macrumors regular

otep1760

ill probably sell my first gen when i get the new one.
    i would sell it before but i dont have another AT&T phone, and going to buy a gophone just to keep for a week or so seems stupid.

i would also just go ahead and buy another first gen, but i figure if im going to spend $250-$300 on an iphone, i might as well be the new one.

12. animenick65 macrumors 6502

Wow, original iPhones with cracked glass are selling over $100 on ebay. Thats pretty darn good. Might want to cut your losses and sell. Then use that money for an old iphone or a new 3g one.