Well guys, I think I may have changed my mind.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Doc Shultz, Jun 15, 2013.

  1. Doc Shultz macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2013
    #1
    I purchased a BTO MacBook Air 1.7ghz i7 Haswell 8gb Memory and 256gb SSD. Well, its going to arrive on Wednesday, and as much as I want to open it (this will be my first mac), I just have this gut feeling that I will kick myself for not waiting for the updated rMBP. This is going to be for school, but I have a 3 year old Lenovo, and while its far from great, I think I can start the school year with it.

    Oh the wait.
     
  2. gngan macrumors 68000

    gngan

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2009
    Location:
    MacWorld
    #2
    Oh... so what's your problem?
     
  3. Doc Shultz thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2013
    #3
    No problem. I am just glad I made the decision now, and not after I open the MBA.
    Now it's just a waiting game, like many others in here are, for the updated rMBP.
     
  4. jmdMac macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2010
    Location:
    Alaska
    #4
    So you're waiting for the new rMBP...join the other threads, this is not worthy of a new one. Sorry to be blunt, however in the last couple weeks there have been too many of these.

    "If you need one now, then buy, if not wait." --The common response.

    ----------

    I will go further as to say, if you want/need better battery life and integrated graphic performance(13"), you will likely benefit from the next update. However, if you are looking for much more CPU and dedicated GPU(gaming) power then you will not be impressed.
     
  5. sofianito macrumors 65816

    sofianito

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2011
    Location:
    Spain
    #5
    The rMBP forecast is for october. Are you sure you can handle it? :eek:

    It is a good occasion to check out if your lenovo is a good hackintosh candidate...:apple:
     
  6. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

    swerve147

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2013
    #6
    That's fine, apparently a lot of people just need to vent.

    Just keep in mind that tech is constantly improving, so there will always be some measure of regret whatever you purchase. If you wait and buy Haswell you'll just delay that regret by a full year instead of 3 months.
     
  7. devilcm3 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2011
    Location:
    South Melbourne, Australia
    #7
    full year is better than 3 months. :rolleyes:
    i guess ....
     
  8. PDFierro macrumors 68040

    Joined:
    Sep 8, 2009
    #8
    Good choice, I think. I briefly thought about buying a MBA, but decided I really want the Pro enough to wait it out.
     
  9. sofianito macrumors 65816

    sofianito

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2011
    Location:
    Spain
    #9
    Maybe ripped-off sensation sounds more suitable... you pay a lot of money for a technology that will be obsolated internally in less than a year :eek:, but still remains beautiful externally, thanks to Jon Ive designs... :cool:
     

Share This Page