Well guys, I think I may have changed my mind.

Doc Shultz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2013
Corvallis
I purchased a BTO MacBook Air 1.7ghz i7 Haswell 8gb Memory and 256gb SSD. Well, its going to arrive on Wednesday, and as much as I want to open it (this will be my first mac), I just have this gut feeling that I will kick myself for not waiting for the updated rMBP. This is going to be for school, but I have a 3 year old Lenovo, and while its far from great, I think I can start the school year with it.

Oh the wait.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
I purchased a BTO MacBook Air 1.7ghz i7 Haswell 8gb Memory and 256gb SSD. Well, its going to arrive on Wednesday, and as much as I want to open it (this will be my first mac), I just have this gut feeling that I will kick myself for not waiting for the updated rMBP. This is going to be for school, but I have a 3 year old Lenovo, and while its far from great, I think I can start the school year with it.

Oh the wait.
Oh... so what's your problem?

jmdMac

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2010
Alaska
No problem. I am just glad I made the decision now, and not after I open the MBA.
Now it's just a waiting game, like many others in here are, for the updated rMBP.
So you're waiting for the new rMBP...join the other threads, this is not worthy of a new one. Sorry to be blunt, however in the last couple weeks there have been too many of these.

"If you need one now, then buy, if not wait." --The common response.

----------

I will go further as to say, if you want/need better battery life and integrated graphic performance(13"), you will likely benefit from the next update. However, if you are looking for much more CPU and dedicated GPU(gaming) power then you will not be impressed.

sofianito

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2011
Spain
The rMBP forecast is for october. Are you sure you can handle it? :eek:

It is a good occasion to check out if your lenovo is a good hackintosh candidate...:apple:

swerve147

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2013
That's fine, apparently a lot of people just need to vent.

Just keep in mind that tech is constantly improving, so there will always be some measure of regret whatever you purchase. If you wait and buy Haswell you'll just delay that regret by a full year instead of 3 months.

devilcm3

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2011
South Melbourne, Australia

Just keep in mind that tech is constantly improving, so there will always be some measure of regret whatever you purchase. If you wait and buy Haswell you'll just delay that regret by a full year instead of 3 months.
full year is better than 3 months. :rolleyes:
i guess ....

PDFierro

macrumors 68040
Sep 8, 2009
Good choice, I think. I briefly thought about buying a MBA, but decided I really want the Pro enough to wait it out.

sofianito

macrumors 65816
Jan 14, 2011
Spain

Maybe ripped-off sensation sounds more suitable... you pay a lot of money for a technology that will be obsolated internally in less than a year :eek:, but still remains beautiful externally, thanks to Jon Ive designs... :cool: