well hope to get a 6+ in space gray this week. need a case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ron20, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Ron20 macrumors member

So I am looking for a case (really I broke an otterbox defender, dropped my iphone 4s on my aunts tile and it broke the back bar on the case. Phone looked brand new still)
    I have had otterbox defender since my 3gs and loved it.

Not sure what to think with this (sad thing is they dont offer much for the 6+ vs The 6)
    http://www.elementcase.com/ion-for-iphone6_a/354.htm they look cool. And I don't mind buying screen protector

Would love otter box defender but they are missing my colors plus the camo
    Right now my gs4 has orange back, black top, and black rubber.

I had life proof but one broke had a chip in the side so I returned it and got another one so the charge port door clip broke (hard to explain without pic)

Thanks.

2. XRichard23 macrumors regular

Rhino shield crash guard, minimal and rated at 11.5 ft drop protection

3. Itsedstech macrumors 6502a

Get a cheap case for now, elementcase will be putting out 3 more cases for the 6 plus anytime between now and the end of the month. they announced it on there facebook page

4. Ron20, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

Ron20 thread starter macrumors member

thanks i decided to put off the phone for now. (tempted but since nearest att store is 40miles away nearest apple store 2hrs away) thats not possible at the moment. then who know's what next week will bring

if i listed my wants. it will be close to 3k lol..

but i find it hard to believe that rhino shield can withstand some insane drops. but if that's true then i wont have to have a thick case such as otterbox, thats the reason i loved lifeproof slightly thinner, plus when a phone looks this good it should be uncased/clear.

element makes a good case i was going to get one but never did... but i wonder if it protects as good as it looks.

5. XRichard23 macrumors regular

When you get a 6 or plus, get the rhinoshield , I personally dropped it from heights of 3- about 8 ft onto everything but cement and after about 30 drop the Touch ID stopped working. Of course there was no visible damage so they replaced it free.

6. Ron20 thread starter macrumors member

got great news and i am mad at my self lol, i got me the 6+ wrapped in a black outter box defender of course. (hey i cant go without a case.) really. so when the time comes to replace this case when ever that might be i would be able to look back at this thread and get some idea's.

7. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Okay so your 3k wants must be more than your iPhone wants, correct?

8. Ron20 thread starter macrumors member

Ya the iphone is included in that cost but off topic (new laptop thats 1k (2- kind1) hopefully Mac releases a 2-1, and truck stuff audio mainly).

But i bought the phone and happy with it