Well, Hot Damn I've Got Signal Everywhere

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Demosthenes427, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Demosthenes427 macrumors regular

I figured this would be a really nice way to see exactly how many more people there are that enjoy their iPhone and AT&T's service.

Personally, I get signal just about everywhere I go. I get 3G on my campus, and EDGE everywhere else--and back home on Long Island it's a 3G HAVEN.

What about the rest of you guys? Let's hear some warm, fuzzy-feeling stories!

2. cobaltchroma macrumors regular

cobaltchroma

3. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Carmel to Santa Cruz

5 bars everywhere minus a 2-mile stretch of Edge on 5 bars.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

6. acvball92 macrumors regular

acvball92

7. TeamDNA macrumors 6502

5 bars EVERYWHERE and i never ever ever ever ever get a dropped call .. i love att service

8. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Would love to hear from someone in the Orange County, CA area.

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Five bars everywhere I go in Northern Virginia except the building I work in where I barely get two bars.

10. apez53 macrumors newbie

in most part 5 bars in south Orange County CA a couple of dropped calls in the hills..... not enough to bother me.;)

11. sangs macrumors newbie

Pretty much everywhere, but in my house. Home is for wifi.

12. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

I almost always have 3-5 bars of 3G, and I live in an area which, according to Verizon's "there's a map for that" ad, I don't have 3G at all. So up yours, Big Red!

13. perealb macrumors regular

perealb

I get 5 bars at my house and work. When I had Sprint, I used to get only 1 bar if I was lucky. I drive about 8 miles from home to work and listen to Slacker without any interruption. BTW, I love my iPhone. :)

14. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3G leaves much to be desired in my area of Sacramento. Before disabling it, my calls would drop every 15 minutes or so.

Davis, CA isn't much better. Edge works fine in both locations, however.

15. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

5 bars on my iPhone, too. But still get tons of dropped calls. So does my wife. And my daughter. And my co-workers with iPhones. Hence my switch to Verizon. Up yours, AT&T.

16. pourme macrumors regular

pourme

My Sprint signal was so bad they let me out of my contract...At&t will work at home, but I have to travel out of my county to experience 3g..but I can get a signal (edge) most everywhere I go. I do Love my iphone!:D

17. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

5 bars 3G everywhere I go in my hometown of Allentown, PA.

Up at Penn State I get 5 bars 3G on campus and at my apartment 5 bars Edge, but 5 bars 3G outside. Occasionally I will get 3G in my apartment, but it doesn't really matter as I have WiFi there.

I have never had a dropped call or any of the weird voicemail problems people seem to have. Extremely happy with AT&T service. :)

18. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Yeah that map is borderline false advertisemet the way they did that. In there map they only considered 3G on AT&T HSDPA and considered there 3Gany tower that could clock over 384kbs even if it was 1xRTT. idk about you but that is bendig the rules hard.

19. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

Same here...
    But when I go on vacations to some areas, the reception can be terrible!

20. EmilyMayhem macrumors member

I barely ever bother to turn on 3G, just to save the battery, but I get 3-5 bars of EDGE or even GPRS pretty much everywhere in the Houston area (excluding, like, my high school, which blocks most of the service from every company). I have good enough service to use Safari and any of my apps, except maybe the streaming music ones and YouTube.
    I've also never had a dropped call...so I'm pretty happy with ATT. Their coverage, at least.

21. klamse25 macrumors 6502a

klamse25

But 3G is becoming more of a standard..
    And edge is just too slow.
    It seems AT&T is forgetting about costumers who use edge, and only improving on their 3G data.

22. Bear Hunter macrumors 6502a

Bear Hunter

AT&T sucks, but I will stay with them until another carrier picks up the iPhone. Had to install a Magic Jack at home just so I wouldn't miss any calls.

23. xcrunner macrumors regular

I didn't have any complaints about AT&T when I lived at home - despite only having edge everywhere and there being a nice deadspot on a road I drive on several times a day.

However, in the past year or so, I've seen other carriers coverage - evdo everywhere around here. I live in a somewhat rural area and friends live further up where there's farms everywhere - verizon and sprint have evdo even there while when I'm up there my iPhone barely holds onto 1 bar - no service in houses so that sucks.

mainly edge on my whole trip to columbus while sprint had EVDO the entire way. In columbus its great having 5 bars 3g everywhere...if it didn't cut out randomly on campus. I'm guessing it's congested.

So basically I'm not very happy with AT&T anymore and it's hard for me to recommend them to anyone anymore - especially considering there lackluster "feature" phone collection for my friends who wouldnt want to pay for a smartphone. I'm heading elsewhere whenever the iPhone changes to another carrier. Hoping it's sooner rather than later.

24. solideliquid macrumors 6502

solideliquid

Usually 5 bars of 3G, but there are places in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, and in my apartment where I can only get 1-2 bars of edge and no 3G.

25. secretanchitman macrumors 6502

secretanchitman

everywhere in my house i get 4-5 bars except in the basement, where i hardly get any.

for my work, the hospital like has some kind of either radiation and/or thick concrete so it doesnt work half the time. understandable, cause verizon doesnt work either. however...sprint and tmobile work just fine. i honestly dont get that. i would have understood either both verizon and sprint, or tmobile and att, but not both! :/

at school, it works 100% no matter where i am.

all areas i go to have 3G and wifi, so its a plus for me!