Well, I Bit the Bullet and Got a BlackBook...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by filmgirl, Aug 13, 2007.

1. filmgirl macrumors regular

filmgirl

At the end of May I was on this site quite a bit getting information/opinons for my next purchase (I had to wait to get some cash from a freelance gig) and yesterday, after putting off the purchase as long as possible (I really wanted to see if I could hold out until November, when the inevitable SR MacBooks are released - that or for another $500 to fall out of the sky so I could get a MBP), I walked out of the Apple Store with a brand new BlackBook.

Thank you to everyone in this forum for your help and feedback. I had eye surgery in July (and I was seeing double for two weeks before the surgery and then pretty much unable to look at a computer screen for two weeks after) so I haven't been in this forum that much as of late - but the feedback I got here definitely helped me make the decision.

My old laptop essentially flat out died on me this week (and when I say die, I mean, the POS would barely run a Knoppix Live CD and even that is kind of useless seeing as I have school next week) and I had to make a decision like instantly between the MB and a Vaio with better specs (SR, 2 GB RAM out of the box, bigger screen - prettier according to my mom who helped me with like $300) but my experience at school and reading the feedback from you guys (and gals!) on this forum helped me just suck it up and take the plunge.

I'm without 90% of my music/video files (although thankfully I was able to backup about 100 GB of data/media to my dad's laptop - I just live 50 miles away and won't be able to retransfer until Saturday) and I'm still busy installing necessary programs/configuring my interface (I'll wait to install BootCamp until my RMA replacement hard drive from the dead laptop arrives later this week - that was a real aggravation - the fubarred system board proceeded to ruin a 120 GB hard drive that was 4 months old - at least now I have a big external drive for my MacBook) but I'm still sitting on the sofa in my living room typing away on my new toy - and that's very exciting (I might even connect it to my HDTV later today for kicks).

So thank you guys - I'm totally psyched - even if the part of me that regrets not begging for the extra $500 for the MBP will never completely die.

2. Zadiek macrumors member

Congrats man! I just got myself a white macbook Friday and I'm loving this thing!

3. Zadiek macrumors member

One more thing....how are you connecting it to your HDTV? Through VGA?

4. Zawamura macrumors regular

Through DVI probably..

5. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

Her name is filmgirl and you say, "Congrats man!"?

Funny stuff.:)

6. Zadiek macrumors member

lol opps. Sorry about that...didn't notice the name.

7. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

or with a DVI to HDMI adapter, thats how i do it

8. filmgirl thread starter macrumors regular

filmgirl

Connect to the HDTV via DVI. I bought my TV in 2003 so it was right before HDMI became the standard. It looks beautiful on the screen.

Thanks everyone! I'm totally psyched.

9. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Congratulations! I recently ordered the MBP and am totally happy with it, I hope that you share similar experiences with your macbook!

10. fsckminix6 macrumors regular