Well I bricked my 3GS....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Dammit Cubs, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

After configuring my iphone 4. I was getting my old iphone 3GS ready to be given to my friend. I jail broke, changed the carrier name and removed all my old JB settings I had on the phone. But because I was using a restored file, i had to remove all my data on there. So I did a erase all settings and contents.

That completely bricked the 3GS. It's stuck at the apple logo...(along with the colored pixel line code)

I can't force a restart but thats about all i can do. Does anybody know a remedy?

2. Mademan12321 macrumors 6502

Plug your phone into your PC hold the home and sleep until it turns off, continue to hold both buttons it until it restarts at the itunes screen, restore.

I'm starting to believe that most people who tag there phones "bricked" have no clue about DFU or restoring there phones. It just won't boot up so it's automatically deemed bricked.

3. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Okay this is progress. I got the phone to detect my computer and is doing a restore.

I don't know what to say. Thanks man. Because of you, I still get poon.

and when I say thanks.

i mean.... THANKS!!!!!!!!

4. scotty588 macrumors 6502

[​IMG] now send some my way

5. NoStopN macrumors 6502

NoStopN

Shouldn't that be the other way around? :p

6. Dammit Cubs thread starter macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Sweet. Fully restored. And I added cydia and carrier unlock with ultra sn0w.

Whew.......thought I lost it there