Well I did it...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maflynn, Feb 15, 2012.

1. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I spilled coffee on my desk, it was only a matter time for me.

I work from home and so I usually have 2 to 3 cups of coffee in the morning and 2 to 3 cups of tea in the afternoon.

This morning I was doing my moding duties and boom, the coffee goes down.

My laptop was unscathed because I use a laptop stand and so its off the desk, and was not in danger.

The reason for this post is for that very thing, to use a laptop stand, this not only lifts the laptop off the desk to decrease the temps as mine has a fan in it, but it protected the laptop due to user clumsiness

2. calderone macrumors 68040

calderone

Yeah, it happens.

I use a stand and I keep my coffee or tea on the side opposite my MBP.

Usually my spills are very small and don't leave the coaster.

3. Bear macrumors G3

And one more thing some of the laptop stands do. Mine has really good nonskid bumpers so laptops do not slide on it at all.

Stands vary, so check them out, some are better than others. And sometimes the lower cost ones are better depending on the type of stand you are looking at.

4. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Phew....When I read the title I feared the worst, I have 2 Kensington laptop stands and they are invaluable for preventing this type of thing as you say. In the morning I Always have a mug of coffee on the go, but no danger of spills...Glad your Mac was protected!

----------

I'm liking the new avatar too! great colour..:)

5. maflynn thread starter Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's what I do, I actually had it in the center of the desk instead of the side which is what I normally do. Went to type something and boom, spillage.

The stand has saved my bacon a number of times.

6. Wrathwitch, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012

Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Glad all is well!

I have my lappie always on a cooling pad. Which coincidentally is elevated.

To make it even more of a landmine, I occasionally have a cat jump onto the desk haha! I try to keep the coffee cup from becoming a kitty landmine!

7. Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

That's actually not a bad idea. This is coming from someone who 2 months ago spilled a full 12 ounces of hot joe right down the keyboard AND... right now has sitting only inches away another full mug. :eek:

I'll never learn. (And I never moved so fast lifting my MBP upside down to drain either)