Well I finally did it... bought my first Mac.

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by phobic99, Mar 13, 2008.

1. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Finally after weeks of bouncing back and forth between a MB, MBP, whether I wanted a black one, white, refurb one, new one, Amazon, AAFES (military) store, JR.com...

I finally decided that I liked my current laptop (Dell M1210) due to it's portability and while I like the MBP's specs a lot, I just couldn't justify the price jump. I probably spent a little more than I wanted but I really wanted a black one. There's just something about it. I dunno. Anyway, I paid $1160 with shipping for a new previous gen (2.2Ghz) black Macbook. A refurb from the Apple store (which seem to go quick) would've cost me about $25-30 less so not too bad I don't think.

I'm really looking forward to playing with my first Mac. If things go well (and I'm sure they will, I'm probably going to buy an iPhone and a new Macbook pro when the newer models are released. I act as if I'm rich or something. :eek:

2. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

3. Hello.there macrumors 6502a

Hello.there

I know the feeling - I used to be reasonably comfortable before I was bitten by the Apple bug, now down-and-outs are offering me their spare change. :eek:

Enjoy your Mac, you'll love it!

4. dborja macrumors 6502a

Congrats! The 2.2GHz model is the Nov 2007 generation which is expandable to 4GB RAM; good choice!

Welcome to the rebellion!

5. DaBrain macrumors 65816

DaBrain

WTG! Congrats! I also purchased a Black refurb about 2 weeks ago and I love it. It came with 2 gigs of ram, so I got lucky there. I didn't think Id like the glossy screen, but it's fine also! Have fun and let us know when it comes in! ;)

6. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

7. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Congratulations on your 1st Mac, you'll never look back :D

[EDIT] In addition to the above poster posting the switch links, take a look at this one... My First Mac offering a 1 page crash course in Mac's :)

8. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Welcome to the Apple experience. Be very careful though. Apple products tend to multiply much quicker than you think. :)

9. mbopy22 macrumors 6502

mbopy22

Same thing happened to ME, it arrived YESTERDAY, I'm so happy!!!

I'd add WELCOME to the BRIGHT SIDE OF COMPUTERS... and the DARK SIDE OF YOUR WALLET!!!!

Ever since I started buying apple products, I've been looking for an Applecoholic association..... anybody knows where to go???? :p

10. phobic99 thread starter macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Thanks for welcome everyone. Seems like I made the right choice as far as community goes.

GfulDedFan, those links will be really helpful as I'm sure I'm going to be really confused when I start using Leopard.

Can't wait! :)

11. hookem12387 macrumors 6502

12. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Most likely, after a short time, the only confusion will be why you waited so long to switch. Macs are easy....just watch the kids playing on them at the Apple Store.

13. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502

Congrats, I'll be getting my first Mac next week.

14. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Congrats and welcome to the cul....er, club! The Kool Aids free!

15. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

Enjoy bro. I just got my first Mac for Christmas. Kinda makes all those years of using windows seem like a waste of time. haha I love my :apple:!!