Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
After months of CONSTANT use with my iPad, using it EXCLUSIVELY for web browsing, leaving my PC and Laptop in the dust... I've finally done it.

I've visited a website that I could not view because of a lack of flash. I took a long time, but I think we may have found the site for our next archaeological dig :cool:

This is in response to a couple of threads where someone mentioned that you can't view "95% of the internet" because of the lack of flash. So far, I haven't been able to view ads on certain webpages, besides this one website. While this makes me very sad inside, I think I'll live. By my amateur calculations less than 1% of my browsing, so far, has been disabled due to the lack of Adobe Crash on this device.

-John

iPhoneCollector

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2010
Home
i have to agree with you. there is no problem surfing the web on the ipad without flash. i haven't found a single website (apart from youtube, which doesn't count due to the app) that i couldn't view because the ipad doesn't support flash.

jdcell100

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2010
I never have a problem viewing web sits with my iPad had mine since June use it in place of laptop only time I turn my laptop on is when I sync my iPad maybe once every 6 weeks

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
Yeah that'll happen.

It's been happening ALOT lately, Advertisements on websites are slowly starting to "work" on my iPad, indicating that advertisers are figuring out that they are getting ripped off since so much of the worlds internet traffic is on iDevices, and it's not THAT difficult to make an advertisement something other than flash!

Once stephenking.com gets a new webmaster (people don't live forever nor do they stay in the same jobs forever, especially if their product is losing popularity), it will almost definitely flip to a new format, after all that's what their being taught nowadays.

Dragoro

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2010
It's been happening ALOT lately, Advertisements on websites are slowly starting to "work" on my iPad, indicating that advertisers are figuring out that they are getting ripped off since so much of the worlds internet traffic is on iDevices, and it's not THAT difficult to make an advertisement something other than flash!

Once stephenking.com gets a new webmaster (people don't live forever nor do they stay in the same jobs forever, especially if their product is losing popularity), it will almost definitely flip to a new format, after all that's what their being taught nowadays.

It's run by one of King's best friends. She's not going anywhere.

el-John-o

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Missouri
It's run by one of King's best friends. She's not going anywhere.

She'll never retire or die? Boy your optimistic.

Besides, that's 1, even if King choses his niche website to stay flash (which is totally fine), it doesn't change the fact that the web is headed inevitably to HTML5 or SOMETHING besides flash. I do think that, Stephens friend or not, she'll eventually make the leap to something besides flash. No traffic is no traffic, ESPECIALLY for an author. People buying his novels to read on their iPads, and not being able to view his website? C'Mon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.