Well I guess I'm stuck with the MacBook Air after all.

Frosties

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
Good luck with keeping the camera going during 32GB raw transfer, after filling it, those wifi card transfers suck the juice fast. No joy, just for the quick snaps or keep a spare battery for the camera, or better still insert the card in the computers fast easy card reader. Sometimes new tech is not better just newer. and cool sounding. But I am with you that it's a cool card and tech.

tdhurst

macrumors 601
Dec 27, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
www.burningbushpodcast.com
Huh?

Good luck with keeping the camera going during 32GB raw transfer, after filling it, those wifi card transfers suck the juice fast. No joy, just for the quick snaps or keep a spare batteries for the camera, or better still insert the card in the computers fast easy card reader. Sometimes new tech is not better just newer. and cool sounding.
If you're a pro photographer working on site, why would you have a new MacBook anyway? Wouldn't an MBA or a 15" MBP be far more appropriate?

Pretty sure the MB isn't aimed at people shooting raw files on the go.

Frosties

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2009
Sweden
Last edited:

mpainesyd

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2008
Sydney, Australia
users.tpg.com.au
I am beginning to see the benefits of an ultraslim, ultra light laptop for travel. It makes sense to have one multipurpose port that enables the Macbook to be so slim. Carrying around a couple of adapters is fine because they have small length and width. Anyway I have to carry a VGA adapter for my MBP and the giant magsafe charger.
The retina display on my MBP is great for people who have lens replacement - no more glasses! I am sure the 12" MB will be fine.