Well, I just called AT&T...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMJustAGuy, Jun 9, 2008.

1. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

:DI kinda acted oblivious but heres how it went (roughly)

me: hi Im, 18 and i have no credit established would it be possible for me to sign up still

ATT: yes, but depending we have deposities from 150-1000 you may have to put down

me: also, ive been waiting for about a month now to get that touch apple phone and its been sold out for a while, when are you going to get more stock.

ATT: actually that's because they are coming out with a new one and we needed to clear our stores, sometime this month..

me: so they are releasing it this month or you will have them in this month

ATT: no, we will DEFINITLY have them SOMETIME this month.

Well, i know I stated quite the obvious but this even further confirms what we all want to know.:D

2. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

This really means nothing....I called my local At&t store last week and they stated unable to discuss new Iphones....They are not going to give you the slightest Idea I can assure you until after the keynote

3. djcraze macrumors regular

djcraze

should of asked about today.. Ive been bugging AT&T for the past 2 days trying to get something out of them.. THe most i've gotten is "Eerrrr IDK"..

One lady said that Apple doesn't even really notify them until the last minute, and that with the last launch, they were so fickle with the release date they didnt know until the day before..

When I was waiting in line, they were just getting shipments of the iPhone..

4. tttexxan macrumors 6502a

Yes if you remember last year the day of was when the AT&T employees saw the first eye phone (as well for apple employees)
    That is why the stores shut down...No reason to do all that for the upgraded 3G....Same platform just newer hardware sort of..

5. Jestered macrumors 6502

Do you guys really think that some AT&T phone jockey has inside knowledge of Apple's new phone? They have no idea.

6. saDeRmac macrumors regular

I don't like being called a Jockey... but no one but the higher ups have been told when it's going to be released... I'm just as anxious as you to find out when AT&T is getting the new iPhone and I work for them... lol

39 mins... HAHAHA

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

They are in the same stage as us when it comes to this (meaning the store salesmen), they find out about it at the same time we do.

8. Toadkillerdog macrumors member

Very tacky and rude statement.

BUT, I do think that they might know something TODAY as the supposed announcement IS today. Then again...

9. saDeRmac macrumors regular

We havent recieved an e-mail or any letter stating anything. Honestly I do not think that AT&T at least, will be selling the iPhone till the vacation blackout dates (Jun 15 - Jul 15).

10. STC macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I think I'll go by the att store on the way to the apple store around lunch time.