well i just learned its better to let the backups finish....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trunksu, Jul 22, 2008.

1. trunksu macrumors 6502

I had to restore my iPhone for the first time today (never had to do it with 1st gen). After installing Wordpress, i turned off my phone and turned it back on it got stuck on the apple logo. last resort was a restore.

For some reason it said my last restore was corrupt and was about 2 weeks ago. sadly that was the only backup i had since the transition to the iPhone 3G. (i've been canceling backups cuz they take soooooo long which everyone knows about)

i've been sitting here for 2 hours now, waiting for the iPhone to restore and install apps. it's the installing apps part that is taking 4ever. x.x it hasn't even dumped my music, movies etc into the phone yet. i do have over 70 apps installed. i don't use most of them but i figure i should have it in case i ever do need it or perhaps a friend wants to use it really fast. (ie Facebook).

i really want to avoid this again so i'm going to let more than 1 backup go through again and pray that it's not corrupt. The idea of how much time it will take just to get more than 1 backup to finish makes me cringe. :eek:

anyway for those that have been canceling backups of their iPhone, i suggest you let a few finish especially if you have a lot of apps.

or maybe it's time for me to get rid of apps like simstapler....

2. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

the apps like that are stupid anyways. i am amazed and confused on why apple let crapp's (just made that up:cool: )hit the app store. i would rather have 200 really good app's , even ones that i may not use, then having 500 apps that are half bullstuff like cowthrow (no pun intended) and simstapler...wtf is the reason behind letting even free apps like that onto the app store?

also about the back ups, what is the schedule for that? it doesn't seem to do that everytime i plug in, just some times

3. snook911 macrumors 6502a

My iPhone seems to backup everytime I sync. Kind of an annoying. I don't mind a backup once a day or something but everytime. Sheeesh. :rolleyes: