Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I'm very tempted to move from iPhone to Android. More so than I have ever been. My last Android personal phone was the Galaxy S2. From that point forward I had the iphone. Whichever one was the newest.

My work then issued me a Galaxy S4 which got me reacquainted with Android and when the upgrade came for that phone they upgraded me to a Galaxy S7.

The S7 has really made me think about switching my 6s plus to a Galaxy S8. I'm understanding the software and the phone is gorgeous ... My only problem is getting the Galaxy S8 then Apple coming with something mind blowing with the iphone 8. Only thing is they will have to HUGELY step there game up for it to be too impressive.

The S7 was absolutely gorgeous and now the S8 and S8+ has perfected Samsung's design game.

I'm in serious limbo.

Apple will never make enough changes at once to release anything totally mind blowing. Sorry not sorry. Everything they do is in incremental upgrades.

Reactions: Tthomas612

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Apple will never make enough changes at once to release anything totally mind blowing. Sorry not sorry. Everything they do is in incremental upgrades.

I agree 100%. I can't deny what you say. I just look at what Apple did with the iphone 7 and it is absolutely mind blowing for the wrong reasons

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
I agree 100%. I can't deny what you say. I just look at what Apple did with the iphone 7 and it is absolutely mind blowing for the wrong reasons

Absolutely agree. I still have a house full of Apple, so despite getting a iPhone 7+ this year and a Samsung 8+ I'm sure I'll end up with next iteration of iPhone as well. Another reason I jumped on 8+ right now is the next iPhone, if it's half as impressive as internet hype has it, it will be back ordered until next year anyways. 7 series this year wasn't even THAT impressive and it was nearly impossible to find for months. I'll use my 7+ and 8+ to get me until next iteration of iPhone is available in whatever configuration I desire. Plus after just getting 7+ and 8+ this year I'm afraid my wife truly will kill me if I buy a third phone this year LOL

Reactions: Tthomas612

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010

This! At this stage I must own a iPhone and Android phone. If I get rid of my iPhone I start regretting it. But then Samsung comes in with killer hardware and I get the upgrade itch. I literally just sold my Pixel only because I got a S8+ on order. But come this fall I'm pretty sure I'll get the next iPhone as long as we get a redesign but maybe I'll like the S8+ so much that I will hang on to my 7 Plus.
So basically I buy at least 2 phones a year.

Reactions: Applejuiced

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Reactions: Applejuiced

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
Absolutely agree. I still have a house full of Apple, so despite getting a iPhone 7+ this year and a Samsung 8+ I'm sure I'll end up with next iteration of iPhone as well. Another reason I jumped on 8+ right now is the next iPhone, if it's half as impressive as internet hype has it, it will be back ordered until next year anyways. 7 series this year wasn't even THAT impressive and it was nearly impossible to find for months. I'll use my 7+ and 8+ to get me until next iteration of iPhone is available in whatever configuration I desire. Plus after just getting 7+ and 8+ this year I'm afraid my wife truly will kill me if I buy a third phone this year LOL

I wrote nearly the same thing. I own a 7 Plus and I have a S8+ on preorder. Last year I actually had 5 phones total (iPhone 6S, Galaxy S7, iPhone SE, iPhone 7 Plus and Google pixel). This year I'm trying to cut back to 3.

Reactions: blaine07

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I wrote nearly the same thing. I own a 7 Plus and I have a S8+ on preorder. Last year I actually had 5 phones total (iPhone 6S, Galaxy S7, iPhone SE, iPhone 7 Plus and Google pixel). This year I'm trying to cut back to 3.
ha this why i decided to not get the S8 as much as i love the look of it..as i know i will upgrade to the next iPhone when thats out.

my contract ends in july so i think i'm going sim only and just buying my phones from now on. might make things tricky if the new iPhone is over £1,000 though.

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013

I understand you on that one. Mine was already mad because I got the 7 Plus this past year after getting the SE in April. Well the 7 Plus ended up going back and I ended up with a 6s Plus and Galaxy S7

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.