Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Foothills to the Rocky Mountains
I'm going SSD. But first I have to receive the darn thing.

FedEx's site says they tried to deliver it today. Which is curious because they didn't leave a tag, they didn't ring my doorbell, and they didn't leave it with the front office.

I know this because

1. Multiple FedEx tags on the door, none mine.
2. Office says nobody showed up from FedEx this morning.
3. My doorbell hits my cellphone. And it didn't ring.

Grr.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get it.

OldCorpse

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2005
compost heap
I'm going SSD. But first I have to receive the darn thing.

FedEx's site says they tried to deliver it today. Which is curious because they didn't leave a tag, they didn't ring my doorbell, and they didn't leave it with the front office.

I know this because

1. Multiple FedEx tags on the door, none mine.
2. Office says nobody showed up from FedEx this morning.
3. My doorbell hits my cellphone. And it didn't ring.

Grr.

Hopefully tomorrow I will get it.

Yeah, I got your mini. I just waited outside the door for the fedex guy to show up. Anyhow, I'm firing it up, and I'll report on what an experience you could've had, if you got it instead. But, that's water under the bridge, right now I'm just registering it.

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, I got your mini. I just waited outside the door for the fedex guy to show up. Anyhow, I'm firing it up, and I'll report on what an experience you could've had, if you got it instead. But, that's water under the bridge, right now I'm just registering it.

Hey, what's your address so I can send along the Applecare paperwork that should show up in a few days by mail?

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
Hey, what's your address so I can send along the Applecare paperwork that should show up in a few days by mail?

I just google earth'd your address. It looks like this was taken prior to OC snaking your mini. I'm guessing he is practicing for Garage Band. :eek:

wtf-pics-trash-can-guy.jpg

rw3

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
DFW, TX
Congrats on your purchase! You will love the new Early 2009 Mini. It is a nice little machine and with the 4GB and a larger and/or faster HDD, you won't even think you're working on something with such a small footprint.

zmttoxics

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Congrats! The girlfriend got a new Mini when I got my iMac. Should be good to run SL on 3 machines in the house on Day 1. :D

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
It's here! I'm typing this on my new Mini, that's running 2x 24" displays, and optical audio out to my stereo.

Oh this is sweet.

Now I just have to find some free dual desktop wallpapers for the Mac. And the dark dock modification I used on my old Mini. And my icons. Oh, and I have to import my music. And iPhoto. I might not get much done this weekend.

Tee hee.

She's a quick one too.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 50

Decrepit

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
mandolux.com has good dual-monitor ones though the site can be a bit of a pain to navigate.

And of course interfacelift is the number one source for wallpapers in general.

Interfacelift only has 9 for people running 3840x1200. :eek:

Mandolux is the site I got the one I'm running now. :p I'm still searching for somebody that posts them pre-split. I might have to resubscribe to Digital Blasphemy to get my dual monitor groove on.

Wow I love this Mini. I am backing up to a Time Machine, watching the gamecast of the Phillies game, searching for icons, searching for wallpapers, listening to trance music, and getting ready to pull my iTunes library across the network. This is so tasty.

MacMini2009

macrumors 68000
May 22, 2009
California
Interfacelift only has 9 for people running 3840x1200. :eek:

Mandolux is the site I got the one I'm running now. :p I'm still searching for somebody that posts them pre-split. I might have to resubscribe to Digital Blasphemy to get my dual monitor groove on.

Wow I love this Mini. I am backing up to a Time Machine, watching the gamecast of the Phillies game, searching for icons, searching for wallpapers, listening to trance music, and getting ready to pull my iTunes library across the network. This is so tasty.

What does it taste like? :D

tonka2

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2007
Florida
It's here! I'm typing this on my new Mini, that's running 2x 24" displays, and optical audio out to my stereo.

Oh this is sweet.

Now I just have to find some free dual desktop wallpapers for the Mac. And the dark dock modification I used on my old Mini. And my icons. Oh, and I have to import my music. And iPhoto. I might not get much done this weekend.

Tee hee.

She's a quick one too.

For the Dock I think this is what you are looking for:

defaults write com.apple.dock no-glass -boolean YES
killall Dock

Good luck :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.