Well I'm Back

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Orizence, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Orizence macrumors 6502

So after a long time of only popping in here once in a while; I have lost my PowerMac G5 from constant kernel panics, and my PBG4s DC-in board is toast. But the good news is for a trade of a laptop thats been sitting in my closet for the longest time, I got a iMac G5 20" ALS model with a Magic Mouse (Right click broken though) and a Apple wireless keyboard. So I guess I'm back to using a PowerPC as my main desktop, I don't know why, but I had to come back.

Since I got it I upgraded the 320gb HD to a 2tb that was in my old PowerMac G5 and I have ordered 2GB of ram to upgrade from 1GB. The goal for this computer is something to record and compose music with. Im actually surprised how nice this is to use with 1GB of ram, although it does bog down quite a bit. Temps have been okay too considering how hot people say these things get.

So maybe this will inspire me to be a bit more active here again :)

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

Which it can do and I've used mine for many times. I've had three G5 iMacs and not had a problem with any - I was amazed to see my current one, a 2.1Ghz iSight, play 720P video in Front Row.