Well I'm of to get married!!!

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
Today will be my last day browsing MR for a few weeks as I'm of the get hitched! Getting married at the bottom of the Grand Canyon following by a honeymoon in Vegas / Palm Springs / LA.

Can't wait now so just thought I'd post a quicky to let everyone know :D

I bet when I come back its the same rumors of iPhone / vPod / C2D MBP buts that why I spend my work time here :D

Catcha later everyone!

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
AndyR said:
Today will be my last day browsing MR for a few weeks as I'm of the get hitched! Getting married at the bottom of the Grand Canyon following by a honeymoon in Vegas / Palm Springs / LA.

Can't wait now so just thought I'd post a quicky to let everyone know :D

I bet when I come back its the same rumors of iPhone / vPod / C2D MBP buts that why I spend my work time here :D

Catcha later everyone!
just find someone you hate and give her half of all your stuff, that way you can skip the rest :p

in all seriousness...
Congratulations. Peace and happiness unto you :)

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
AndyR said:
Today will be my last day <insert variable> for a few weeks as I'm of the get hitched! Getting married at the bottom of the Grand Canyon following by a honeymoon in Vegas / Palm Springs / LA...
I loved Vegas and the Grand Canyon when I went the rest of the stuff on you're itinerary I wouldn't bother with, although I've never been to Palm Springs.

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
mpw said:
I loved Vegas and the Grand Canyon when I went the rest of the stuff on you're itinerary I wouldn't bother with, although I've never been to Palm Springs.
We did a tour last year (LA, Palm Springs, Lake Havasu, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Yosemite, San Fran) and totally loved Palm Springs, never experienced such nice heat before!

Technically were getting married in the Canyon, just happen to be stopping Vegas.

I actually tried to propose last year while in the helicopter over the canyon but they put my g/f who's tiny in the front, and me in the back which scuppered that, so got down on one knee at Vegas :)

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
AndyR said:
Getting married at the bottom of the Grand Canyon
We like that idea... you're wedding photo is going to be REALLY something. :eek: :cool:

Congratulations, hope it all runs smoothly ;) though how do you get everyone down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon??? not by donkeys on that donkey track I hope. ;) :p

AndyR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
iGav said:
We like that idea... you're wedding photo is going to be REALLY something. :eek: :cool:

Congratulations, hope it all runs smoothly ;) though how do you get everyone down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon??? not by donkeys on that donkey track I hope. ;) :p
Thanks, I'll post one of the photos on here afterwards.

Just my folks coming so we take a helicopter in which lands on the bottom somwhere. Should be fun :D

Old Smuggler

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
AndyR said:
Today will be my last day browsing MR for a few weeks as I'm of the get hitched!
i would hope so!
unless you were giving us play by play action :D

in all seriousness congradulations!

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
Congratulations! I got married in July and so far its great (Of course we dated for 6 years so we knew each other very well)! Just remember it takes work on both your parts to have a happy marriage. Oh and the other peice of advice, don't be selfish be selfless! This is the #1 reason most people get divorced, in my opinion.

Old Smuggler

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
QuarterSwede said:
Oh and the other peice of advice, don't be selfish be selfless! This is the #1 reason most people get divorced, in my opinion.
You forgot about Shellfish! dont be a crabby old hermit like me
But i guess thats the way it goes with Cancers though

beatzfreak

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2006
NYC
Congratulations!!!

Sounds like a dream wedding.

Got married last year in Vegas Oct. 1st. Then went to Cabo for our honeymoon.

Looking forward to your pics.:)

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
AndyR said:
Well the wedding went awesome, great location and great day.
Glad all went well ... nice photos, good looking couple. Much happiness to each of you in the years ahead.

macartistkel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Portland, Oregon
AndyR said:
Glad you like it. Still hard to comprehend the scale of the place.

OMG...NICE place for a wedding!!! THanks for sharing the photos! This reminds me of the idea I have had for my wedding for quite some time. (however I am in no situation of getting married anytime soon, but of course the big day is something I have put a lot of time into just in case in ends up happening someday, lol)

Anyway, I want mine with the back drop of the Sierra Nevadas (or Cascades) in the distance ---SNOW COVERED MOUNTAINS...a big WINTER WHITE WEDDING all the way!!! :)