Well I'm officially obsessed.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mjmar, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

Every waking moment that I'm in my house since Saturday I've either been on my iPad or it's been right next to me. I knew i'd like it but I didn't think that I'd be this obsessed. :eek: haha it's a good thing I have school and work or else I'd be on it all day. Anybody have the same problem?

2. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

"You have a problem."

IUA: iPad Users Anonymous.

3. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

It's really funny you posted this as I just got off the phone with my friend and said the same thing. I love this dumb thing! Crazy how simple yet relaxing it is...

4. Tinknock71 macrumors 6502

Tinknock71

love mine, MacBook has been sitting off since Saturday morning. And pad glued to my hands.:D

5. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

6. Silvereel macrumors 6502

Welcome to the cult - I mean club :p

7. Scott-n-Houston macrumors 6502a

I got a 64GB for my wife today... her birthday is Saturday, so she can't see it. I had to wait all day until now, when she is asleep, to mess with it and set it up! I've been dying!!!

Then, after this, I can't just play with it around the house. I've got to sneak around. :D

8. MatthewStorm macrumors 6502a

MatthewStorm

Seriously, I need a support group.

I actually had a dream about my iPad.

9. rtmadden macrumors regular

Might be one of those times when you want to get "banned to the couch".

10. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Those are the worst....

11. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I am on it all day. I am doing a week long test using only the iPad and a desktop to see if I can with some exception of moving to the faster desktop replace my mbp. I guess that's obsession.

12. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

I do the same thing. I'm sitting here right now watching my TV Shows while surfing the net and looking for new Apps.

13. SAG3194 macrumors 6502

SAG3194

Not going to lie. I was dying to use it Monday and today.

Let me tell you what happened when I got my iPad on Saturday.

I'm Jewish and observe all holidays. So of course my iPad has so come on Shabbat (sabath) at 12:00 P.M. And sabath didn't end until 8:00 P.M. So there I was with an unopened iPad box. Staring at it for 8 hours when I could even open it because ripping is not allowed.

8:00 comes and I open the iPad. No surprise that I fell in love. Wait it gets better. So Sunday night comes and the second part of the holiday is about to begin and I can't use it until two days from Sunday. Never in my life have I been so tempted. But I made it.

So that's my story. 3 days of which iPad was tempting me.

Notice how I refer to it as iPad and not the iPad. :D:D

Posted from my iPad

14. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

I was out of town on saturday for delivery so i didn't get it until yesterday afternoon but as soon as I got off work it was an all day thing.

I already apologized to my wife because she thought she was going to get to use it :D luckily she doesn't care about tech stuff so it wasn't a huge deal

15. fishepa macrumors regular

I got mine for the wife too, except I let her open the box :D

16. ClaireL macrumors 6502a

ClaireL

Count me in too lol. I'm sitting here watching V and on my iPad. I can't seem to put it down when I'm not taking care of other stuff I gotta do. I love my iPad!

17. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

MAJOR props to you sir!

That's impressive dedication. I commend you...

18. xiaoyuwang macrumors member

19. Applepi macrumors 6502a

Applepi

I took the day off from work just to get everything synced and organized, I'm hooked :)

20. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

I seriously doubt that anyone who actually uses an iPad for a while could find it easy to put it down! I'm thoroughly convinced that the vast majority of those criticizing the iPad have never actually held one and used it. They hate the "idea" of the iPad, but they don't really "get it". Once you hold it and discover how wonderful it is to actually use, the things it DOESN'T do really melt away into irrelevance.

21. mac jones macrumors 68040

Funny I haven't even touched mine. I like it fine but it's just a tool.

I mean, it's not like I haven't seen anything like this. It's just a big iPod really.

It will be good for reading with the battery life i'm seeing, but i prefer the Kindle by far for most of that as it's easier on the eyes.

But the iPad does a lot more of course and those e-readers are terrible with PDF's

knock yourselves out :D

22. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

I am obsessed and I don't have one yet. I waited until launch to see if I would like it. But in all honesty I was fooling myself because I am such a junky I have camped out for numerous systems and new gadgets. Now I am trying to sell off a bunch of my old stuff so I can buy one without digging into my pocket if I can. I need one right now. I NEEEDDDD ONNEEEE (foams at mouth and passes out)..........

23. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I commend you. I got mine on "holy Saturday" so I had no restrictions for using it except for those apps I gave up for Lent. It's new. It's shiny. It works well and it's fun. Anybody who can show restraint and leave it alone is to be commended.

24. lilo777 macrumors 603

I know the feeling but does not it bother you a little? At the end of the day, what exactly have you accomplished?

25. jsbaugh macrumors 6502

Haven't touched the MacBook in days and starting to collect dust.