Well, Is it gonna change? What do you think? (iPhone 4G)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr.iPhone, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Mr.iPhone macrumors newbie

Mr.iPhone

This kind of a vote and discussion:
    Do you think, since Apple is so secure and the 4G iPhone was leaked; do you think the iPhone 4G will get a huge design change, or it will stay the same and Apple makes some minor changes. I just thought it would be interesting to see what the community thought. ⌘

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Poll on the way?

I think WYSIWYG (but hope otherwise for the sake of surprise).

3. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Apple spent twelve months and tens or perhaps even hundreds of millions of dollars getting the design to this stage. The internal components were uniquely fitted to this case design. And component manufacturers have surely already started the process of manufacturing the new design. I can't imagine at this point that it's possible to make any significant changes without incurring unacceptable costs and delaying the phone's release for months.

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Unless the prototype that was lost was something from a while ago. As I said above, I think it's what we're going to see at WWDC but the possibility is always there.

I wonder how Apple's testing is conducted. Do you think it's a "here, take this phone and use it for a few weeks in your day to day life and see how it performs" or more of a "here's the prototype; your job for today is to go to x, y and z locations and test it". I kinda find it hard to believe that Apple would be okay with an employee taking it to a bar and getting shwasted.

5. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

Realistically, no. It's too close to production for them to change the design. If they haven't started producing the new phone yet, then they probably will within the next few weeks. The factory is most likely already tooled to start building the new phone. It is also possible this was one of the first units off of the line, part of a pre-production test run.

6. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

I think it's likely that the design is going to be something like that though I do think there will be some small changes.

7. pintnight macrumors 6502

No. If that leaked iPhone was the final design, there is no way Apple is going to change the iPhone if the release is going to be this summer. If the release is this summer, I would think the manufacturers is making the iPhone right now to get the stockpile of iPhones ready for sale.