Well it happened again, watch went into coma..

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Damn Dirty Ape, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Damn Dirty Ape macrumors regular

Damn Dirty Ape

Preface: Got an AL, SG, 44mm the day after launch a few days after I put it on the charger before retiring for the night. Used the factory wall block and charging puck. It was watch os 5.0 The next morning I removed it and put it on and noticed it did not come on - but felt warm like my AW3 always did. My watch was in a coma and had to be two-button reset to come to life. When it did it was at 79% - not the result of an overnight charge from about 15%. This happened about a week later, a second time.

Now: Given that I decided I really wanted to get the Nike version I spoke with an Apple store and they agreed to let me exchange it for a Nike+ and would hold one (this was the business team). So FF to launch day and I droppd by and picked up my Nike+ AL, SG 44mm sport band. Updated to 5.01 and fully charged it that night and all was well the next day, until the second charge,

That was this morning - same ting, put on charger at about 5% and woke up to a comatose watch. Warm and did do the little 'bong' after putting it on the charger.. I just did a two-button reset and it finally came to life with power at 100% this time.

I'm at a loss , I'm not seeing this being reported. Any thoughts here?

2. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

3 things that could be in common:

1. Did you set it up as new or from a backup?
    2. What kind of USB plug are you using (in the electrical outlet, not the cable), the one that came with the watch or another?
    3. Are you installing the same (or any) third-party apps?

3. Damn Dirty Ape thread starter macrumors regular

Damn Dirty Ape

1. new as before.
    2. As before the factory block and charging puck.
    3. Letting it do the install from the phone apps.

3 being said can an app that misbehaves actually it it into a coma only during charging? I have had no issues with either watch during non-charging times.

4. mollyc macrumors 68000

Many people experienced the weird first charge after upgrading to 5.01 but after a force restart all subsequent charges were normal. I’d give it another couple of days.

5. Damn Dirty Ape thread starter macrumors regular

Damn Dirty Ape

first watch was on 5.0 when it went down, second was on 5.01