Well, it happened...

Monkswhiskers

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2018
It does baffle me when other members say things like this, which includes your post. I mean, you dropped your Apple Watch face down on a hard tile surface and you thought it would be a ‘bit tougher’? I’m repeating myself by saying this, when a device is dropped, it’s based on three key ingredients: [angle/impact/surface type], if all of those three are combined and align correctly, that’s exactly what happens to something, it breaks.
Well sure, it doesn't make it any less painful though. I have given it quite a bit of abuse for the last 2 years, bashed it about loads and not a mark or a scratch, just seemed a bit of an anti-climax the way it died, them's the breaks I guess. Thank goodness for Applecare+

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Happened to me today, went swimming, fell out of the bottom locker about 20" onto the tiles face down, smashed corner and screen popped off, SSSB too! I thought it would be a bit tougher tbh.
The stainless is less resistant to drops than the sport model. It’s munch higher in scratch resistance though. The trade off of scratch resistance is a more brittle screen.

Reactions: Breezygirl