Well, nothing "great" in iOS5, what's next?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBryton, Jun 6, 2011.

?

Are you satisfied with the updates?

1. I am satisfied, will continue using the iPhone 4/5

73.9%
  2. I am some-what/not satisfied, but I'm kind of stuck into the iOS platform

11.6%
  3. I am not satisfied, I will be looking into another phones (Android, Windows, etc.)

2.9%
  4. I am some-what satisfied, but must wait to see the new hardware

11.6%
  1. iBryton macrumors regular

Okay, so the title is a little teaser to get you into this thread.

I personally didn't seem over the TOP about the new iOS5, but I still very liked it! Except for the part where it didn't come with a new iPhone (I didn't expect it), and the Fall release time.

Now, for most of you, or just me, our upgrades are coming up soon! I got my iPhone on launch day, so my upgrade is on the first week of July.

If you are satisfied or dissatisfied, what phone will you be choosing next?

Opinions and/or thoughts are greatly appreciated in the comment section below.

2. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I actually think iOS 5 should hold me over until the iPhone 6. If I upgrade now, I won't be able to upgrade in a years time.

3. iBryton thread starter macrumors regular

That's true, but upgrade dates are always subjected to change and are different. (depending on your plan)

4. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Agreed.

I'm very satisfied with iOS 5. I think iOS 6 will be about a redesigned springboard and possibly customization.

I think we all expected that there wouldn't be an iPhone 5 released in WWDC. We had numerous threads talking about how not to get any high hopes for it. Every big tech site has mentioned that the iPhone 5 will likely be released in the Fall, mainly September.
    Btw, iPhone 5 hardware has nothing to do with liking iOS 5 the software.

What did you expect?

5. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Here in Canada they make you sign a 3 year contract ($159 for the phone) and you can only upgrade every 2 years. So if I get the iPhone 5, there is no chance I'll be able to get the iPhone 6.

6. Biolizard macrumors 6502

I was about to type 'evolution rather than revolution', but then perused over the iOS 5 features page and realised that, well, this is pretty much as revolutionary as we'll get without a springboard redesign.

Notifications, Newsstand, PC-Free and Wi-Fi Sync are revolutionary for the iOS platform in their own way.

However, a certain other mobile OS that shall remain nameless has had elements new to iOS 5 for some time now, and it did feel in places that Apple was merely playing catch up today. Of course, Apple is often playing catch up, but the crux is that they usually bring a more elegant implementation to the table. Hopefully that continues to hold true.

7. taran420 macrumors 6502a

i got the iphone 3G, then 3GS, then iphone 4. Never paid out of my pocket for the phones except the 3G. The resell value is amazing and ive gotten the better of rogers a few times now :p

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

Haha lucky you man! I have had my fair share of 'wins' with Rogers myself. I'm currently paying $40 a month when my bill should be $90. :) I haven't been lucky enough to get a free phone from them though.

9. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

What do you mean? I'm in Canada and ive switched phones atleast 3-4 times in my contract and bell gives me $100 towards an upgrade every year I have $200towards my next upgrade w/ them

10. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

That doesn't work with Rogers. At least with the iPhone. When you sign a 3 year contract, they won't let you upgrade until at least the second year in the contract. When you were switching phones 3-4 times... What phones were they?

11. Wafflausages macrumors 6502

Yea I moved away from rogers I didnt really like them :mad: They were blackberries then I got an iphone :D

12. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I can't blame you from moving away from Rogers (Also know as Robbers) I'd do the same... But my actual monthly bill is ridiculously cheap, and I'd never find anything even close to that.

I'm not sure how the blackberries work on contract but maybe that's why you were allowed to switch. :p

13. iBryton thread starter macrumors regular

Well, what if the new hardware doesn't meet your expectations? I was honestly hoping atleast a TWEAK in the springboard..

14. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Apple has eliminated almost all the excuses i would have for wandering eyes/joining another platform. Notifications=check, BBM=check, Cloud sync/backup=Check. And i don't even have to pay a cent for new hardware/software.

There are only two things left now and thats Maps/Navigation & Voice.

15. djrobsd macrumors 6502a

Seriously? What a lame thread. ios5= AWESOME...

However, I do have to -1 on Apple for being so stubborn not to mend fences with Facebook and include deep Facebook integration. None of my friends use Twitter, and seriously I can't stand it.

16. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

You really think Apple purposely didn't make an integration with Facebook? I hope you're kidding... They obviously didn't do it because they couldn't reach a deal. They were able to with Twitter, and that's why it's there.