Well, someone stole my GPS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Michael CM1, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Yes, this is iPhone-related.

Had my GPS stolen at the car dealership while it was being worked on. Kinda made the decision of getting a new iPhone this year easier. It was a decent unit for $100 that I bought a couple of years ago.

I haven't heard much more about potential GPS apps aside from what I saw in the 3.0 preview. I'm definitely wary about what is probably going to be $50+ worth of software, so I wonder if anybody knows if the big boys (Garmin, Magellan) have announced any plans. I always have my iPhone with me and take it out of my car, so that will limit the chance of that happening again.

2. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Bastards! WTF did they (the dealership) have to say about that? It was never in there?

3. Michael CM1 thread starter macrumors 603

The dude who I dealt with sounded horrified and offered me some free oil changes. He talked to the people who worked on it and nobody admitted anything, which you wouldn't expect them to. I've left it there a bazillion times before without a problem. Considering I have no proof of anything aside from not having a GPS, there's not much I can do. Last time I called the cops for something, I ended up with a ticket that cost me $85 for an accident that wasn't my fault (and still had to pay the $500 deductible). Hence, this time I'm getting about $60 worth of oil changes instead of getting raped by the police and courts.

Just let it be a lesson that you can never trust anybody with your stuff.

4. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Yup, I always take out my GPS when my car goes into the shop other than my dads. I just usually put it in my glovebox when I park somewhere. Sorry to hear that man.