Well, that sucked.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Codeseven, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

To those that have continued to wait for a next gen (Skylake) laptop, today's Apple Event was a massive letdown.

Is the WWDC, months from now, really the soonest a laptop refresh could reasonably be expected to be announced?

2. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Apple could refresh the MacBooks without ever making an announcement. That's probably what will wind up happening.

3. kmac007 macrumors regular

When do you predict this will happen?

4. PTLove macrumors 6502

WWDC. Hoping for something before then is just reaching for something beyond sense.

WWDC allows the new OSX to be demoed on the new hardware, allows Polaris upgrade for the GPU (they NEED that dGPU to upsell the 2500+ model) and allows them to generate good press between this and the fall event.

And im mad. I cant believe they are neglecting the Mac like this. But I wont pretend something before WWDC is likely.

5. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

If Apple adds a major new feature or redesigns the MacBook, then that'll probably happen during WWDC.

They won't host an event just to add new processors, so if that's all they upgrade, there's no telling when they'll release them. It could be any time.

6. GreyOS macrumors 68030

I have a mid-2011 MBA 13" and looking to upgrade to an rMBP 13" as soon as a new one is released.

I agree with some others that if there is a redesign of the Pro series we will have to wait for an event such as WWDC but a simple internal refresh could come at any time.

While it would be great to get a new design, I do hope there is not too radical a restructuring of their macbook lineup as it may mean there is nothing quite right for me. I would be happy with something very much like the current rMBP 13" just with Skylake- a stylish new chassis would be a bonus. But if they drop 13" (going for 12 and 14 say), or strip away all ports like the MB, that may be bad for me.

7. wheelhot macrumors 68020

They're not going to refresh a MBP only to have it update in <6 months time. Apple usually give their product 8 months to 1 year span. So if they refresh, it means no redesign, if no refresh means it'll be a redesign and earliest at WWDC