Well that was hell...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bazookafx3, Jun 10, 2008.

1. bazookafx3 macrumors regular

So i was one of those people who bought the Iphones on 5/21 when ATT was selling them refurbished and after Iphone 3g came out with its cheap price i decided to well... get one. I just got off the phone with ATT and they are letting me return my Iphone, no charge, for my money back and i can simply buy a new one when they come out, woot! (i hate talking to ATT on the phone, btw) Figured i should let you all know... (no i could not do the upgrade thing because it was not purchased after 5/28)

Anyone else going to do the same thing?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Funny, I asked you why you were buying it this week and got crucified by a couple of people. Looks like my question was applicable after all.:D

You even said this to my question.

3. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

Haha yeah your right, but that was back when i thought the new iphones were going to be the same price, so yes you were right, my apologies. Aggg the new Iphone, its soooooo sexy!

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

What 5/28 upgrade thing are you referring to?

5. bazookafx3 thread starter macrumors regular

In a leaked email to all ATT stores ATT is releasing a policy that if you purchased and Iphone after 5/28 you will be able to trade it in for a 3g Iphone at no cost other than the added data plan charge...
    Edit: Only if you purchased it from ATT directly

6. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

Sweet, picked up the last 16Gb from ATT store last night and activated today. Looks like I will get 3G phone for an even exchange. I did this because I didn't care about the features of new phone and was worried that I wouldn't be able to upgrade to the new phone unless I was new. I really liked the Aluminum backing, but this means I get 3g and get to use an iPhone for the next month.